Need to rip text - font from strraming video

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JohnPhoen, May 2, 2009.

1. JohnPhoen

JohnPhoen Guest

Hi,

I am making T-shirt for SecondLife, an online virtual world.

There is a slogan embedded in a video I need to either capture or reproduce. I can record the video or even capture a frame with the text on it, but I don't know how to take the text from there into my t-shirt project. If I had the exact font I could recreate it, but I don't know what font they use. I have permission from the video maker to use the slogan but he can't tell me what the font is.

What are my options?

Perhaps I should capture the frame and post the pic asking people What font is this? LOL

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take that email address out of your sig ASAP as per forum rules. post edited.

3. JohnPhoen

JohnPhoen Guest

Dear fancy schmancy Moderator,

I don't know what your talking about. I never set up my profile on here, and I don't use a sig file.

See??

http://my.afterdawn.com/johnphoen/manage.cfm?s=personal_info

No Info.. thanks for ruining my day and my thread.

I am not in the habit of adding my email to messages. I think

1, you made a mistake

and 2, you owe me an apology.

I just did a preview and no sig file shows up. I do notice the check box below is checked to use a sig file but I don't remember ever setting one up.... how can there be a sig file when I never set up a profile?

I will post this and look at it. if a sig file with my email shows up, I will ask you where it can be found so I can edit it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  4. JohnPhoen

JohnPhoen Guest

O.k. you are right, I am sorry.. there is a sig file.. (must be one of the only times I ever set one up.)

If you tell me how to access it I will edit it.

But dude, you have to work on your bedside manner. How would you feel if first thing you see in the morning as someone barking at you because you better do something ASAP. I only made a mistake, but you were very rude.

Since I don't know how to edit my sig file I'm going to leave the box unchecked.

You know.. Since your into all this Afterdawn stuff.. you could have at least offered an opinion on my original question.

5. ddp

if you had read the forum rules which is obvious you haven't, you would have seen this rule about emails.
    10. Don't post your email address to the forums! Spambots love dumb forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses and you will soon discover the wonders of penis enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.
    if you don't follow the rules then you get jumped on & the only person to blame is yourself so deal with it.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Forum moderators are here to control the goings on of the site first and foremost. They do not have to offer their opinion on a subject when doing so.
    This is how pretty much any forum works, deal with it.

7. JohnPhoen

JohnPhoen Guest

You guys are Soo serious about your authority.. its too funny.. well this thread is toast. Go ahead, Toad me. With knuckleheads like you around I don't wanna play in your sandbox anyway. Oh yeah btw.. Grow Up !

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Says the man talking back to site staff... Some people amaze me.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Shocking. He'll get no virtual help from me in virtually making a virtual T-Shirt now.

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

dude

moderators are here to enforce rules to ensure a well maintained forum. they are not here to be your therapist and tip toe around subjects to avoid hurting newbies feelings because they are grumpy when they wake up in the morning.

grow up and be a man

11. ddp

wolf time?

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

hey its up to you buddy, i think he is suffering from a serious case of "sticking foot in mouth" syndrome

13. ddp

i thought it was 2 feet up to his waist.

14. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well, either way i think he did learn his lesson. some forums have virtually no rules, and anything goes in them. thankfully ours is not like that, and i think sometimes people are just surprised at how well maintained and organized our forum is.