NERD file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bobby2006, Oct 13, 2006.

1. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

hi guyzzz..

i hav got a downloaded muvi.... its in da NERD file format... i hav no idea abt it.... it plays in bs player but i dont know how to burn it on a dvd ....

wen i try to convert it it ...dea is no video file to b found....

anada one:

i downloaded this muvi... but i dont know how to get it on dvd..... i burned a data dvd but.... i cant foward it.... it skips...

if ne one out there knows how to create chapters or solve my problem... pliz m waitin in vain....

hav a nice day guyzz...

2. guyrus

guyrus Guest

how about using language we can all understand........Your killing the english one.

If i get this right , you have a file you need to convert (da NERD file format)

is muvi: movie/avi

Why dont you attempt to run your file through avicodec for starters and then post the file properties into your next post

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I think most that have read this thread was lost at da NERD file format. LOL

I was not even going to attempt to figure out what NERD files where.

But hey maybe if they can tell us what they need help with in a better way we can then help.

Till then maybe a NERD will come along and be able to give some enlightenment on these so called NERD file formats. (straightens out my pocket protector)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  4. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

i ran it in avicodec... as u said... sori i was this late.......

this is wat i got....

KrrishDVDrip.avi.nerd

File : 697 MB (697 MB), duration: 2:48:45, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 29 %
    Video : 581 MB, 481 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 528*224 (2.21:1), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Unsupported
    Audio : 115 MB, 96 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

how do i get it on a dvd... wen i use avi2dvd the... audio and video... do not go togeda....

hope u ppl help me out.... thnkxx

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If you knock of all that text mess and speak english someone might understand your problem i u da cn spel

6. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

i am really sorry about that.i thought you guys could make it out.

well here's my problem.i downloaded a movie from the net...oops sorry i meant the internet.

i ran it in avi codec and this is what i got:

KrrishDVDrip.avi.nerd

File : 697 MB (697 MB), duration: 2:48:45, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 29 %
    Video : 581 MB, 481 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 528*224 (2.21:1), XviD = XviD MPEG-4, Unsupported
    Audio : 115 MB, 96 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

when i try to run it in avi2dvd it says "floating point division by zero"

i don't know what to do....

please help me out guys....

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

vso donvertxtodvd should be able to handel this

8. guyrus

guyrus Guest

9. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

well i did try it out.everything is nice.the audio and video go together but the video is not clear.it comes in shades i.e not clear.there's nothing i can do because there is no setting.

my pc is a hp compaq.what's going on.

i know i must be frustating you all senior's with these minor problems but i don't know where else to go.

sorry again.

and a big thanks to all of you.

10. guyrus

guyrus Guest

11. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

I'll tell you the source of that d/l:
    cough....cough...torrents..or..rapidshare..or..warez..meaning..piracy...cough...cough

bobby2006,
    Are you aware that that download's illegal, and that you are atleast not supposed to tell anyone about that??

12. guyrus

guyrus Guest

@ ashwin18 : my god you are so perceptive but it could also be legal downloads, avi's that he has made himself etc etc etc........

13. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

guyrus,
    Before throwing that title at me, please take a look at title of that file...
    KrrishDVDrip.avi.nerd
    Now take a look at it's official site:
    http://www.krrishthemovie.com
    And finally, I stay in India, which is by chance the country of origin of that movie, so I know that he hasn't made it.

Not exactly perceptive, but more 'analytical'...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@ashwin18

I think what guyrus is saying is he might own the DVD of the file that was downloaded. In that case it would not be agasint the rules of the forum. It is not against the rules till you say something that you know it is piracy (I rented a DVD)(I borrewed a DVD from a friend) etc etc.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

even then, in the case of pirated material, we are allowed to help get it working. it's right there, black and white.

everybody screams rulebreaker before they even read what is prohibited and what is permitted.

*edit*
    here, i'll even cite it:
    *re-edit*
    that said, i'm not familiar with this particular format. but it seems at least a few of you know how to help, so good luck.

16. guyrus

guyrus Guest

@ ashwin18

you seem very familiar with these sites are you by chance a member

17. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

i'm really sorry ashwin... i didn't know that you owned the site.
    but i won't lie to all the other guys who are trying to help me out here. i downloaded it from a server and it was a legal download.

i gave you guys the file name and stuff because sum of my seniors were laughing at me because i wrote NERD file and i really needed you guys advice.

a big thanks to guyrus and anyone else who has been a help.

@guyrus....
    thanks heaps man.. i'll just try it out and let you know.

@larrylje....
    thanks for backing me up.i learnt my lesson.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Actually I learned something from Auslander.

That it doesn't matter if someone has downloaded it from a download site and it is piracy. It is permitted to still talk about how to convert etc. etc.

Sometimes I feel some of the subjects that are started are kinda in a grey area. Like rented or borrowed DVD's. I do not see the difference between asking how to back up those(Considered Piracy), but yet it is ok to ask how to convert and fix pirated download files?

I guess this is why it is good to report stuff to the MODS if questionable and let them decide what is acceptable or not acceptable.

19. bobby2006

bobby2006 Guest

@larrylje

as you are online can you tell me if there is any software which you can use to extract the instruments only from a song...

sorry if i am cross posting but i dont want to start a thread for something minor as this...

waitin...and thanks for the tip...

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Can't help you on that. never tried it before. But I am sure if you did some searching you should bebale to find a program that could do that. I am sure the vocals are on a diffrent track and could poissibly be taken out of an audi file.

I just do not know what program could do that.