"Nero can't perform start of disk-at-once"

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by walterono, Sep 22, 2024.

1. walterono

walterono Member

A couple of weeks ago, I successfully burned music CDs lasting over ninety minutes on MediaRange hundred minute CDs with Nero Burning ROM by invoking overburning. I have successfully done this with many CDs in the past. Now, when trying to do exactly the same thing, with exactly the same discs, and in exactly the same way, I receive the error warning "Nero can't perform start of disc-at-once". I am doing nothing differently; I have not modified the programme in any way. Can anyone identify what the source of the problem might be?

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

It sounds like a recorder problem. Has it ever been cleaned with one of those cleaning discs?
    Have you tried to use more than one disc? Sometimes, you get a bad one.

3. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any progress on this?

4. walterono

walterono Member

No ... There is a bug in Windows which causes it to categorize all CDs as having 80 mins duration even when they have 100 mins, and this may be what is causing my problem

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

In the Expert Features, what is the maximum overburning size when you have a disc in the recorder.

Also, what codec are your audio files, i.e., mp3, etc.

6. walterono

walterono Member

99:59:74, as recommended by MediaRange. Flac files. The point is this all used to work OK, but for some reason Nero is saying "can't perform start of disc-at-once". I need to find out what inadvertent change occured to my system to produce this state of affairs

7. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I asked about the codec because you can always create a Jukebox Disc but the codec has to be right- .flac isn't one of them.
    It still wouldn't hurt to clean your recorder since the laser will be on continuously for the burn and perhaps there's a problem there.

Go here- C:\Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero Burning ROM. There should be a Nero History Log. Cut the text and paste it here.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any progress? Did you find the Nero History Log? If not, which version of Nero are you using?