Nero MediaPlayer

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mcalister, May 28, 2005.

1. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

When I play a dvd in Nero media player it constantly freezes and makes a strange hangup noise. The same thing also happens when I play the radio or cds using musicmatch. I tried reinstalling my soundcard software but this didn't seem to help. I appreciate all suggestions on remedying this problem. thanx a million, ed

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Have you tried other media players? I doubt many people actually use Nero's Media Player when they have better players such as VideoLAN etc out there. Afterall, Nero is associated with burning software, not players. =)

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I've tried power dvd but get the same results. Do you think maybe I should go back to windows media player ? Thanks for your help. ed

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Ok not to be a smart azz but I installed VideoLan media player And I still have the same results as before, freezing and strange buzzing sound.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Then it is definitely a hardware problem. VideoLAN has in-built codecs so it plays practically everything... =)

Are you sure you have the correct and most up to date sound drivers?

6. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea Toiletman my drivers are 100% up to date. You kinda read my mind tho i'm worried about the dreaded hardware problem myself. Well I guess i'll start looking for a new sound card but my creative sound blaster was so cool back when it was working good. You no another thing is funny too. Iv'e been recording LPs through my line in using cakewalk then burning them to cd and it works great. Maybe my line in is cool but my line out sux. Thanx for your help big guy, ed