Nero

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by John375, Mar 20, 2003.

1. John375

John375 Guest

Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.0 and 5.5.10.15 Enterprise

Problem 1 -- The included Nero Cover Designer will not hold Font settings. When using the Text-box to make a CD-disk label, any Font settings do not save. Closing & re-opening the Text-box causes the Fonts to revert back to the default. Did not have this problem on Nero 5.5.9.14

Problem 2 -- Sometimes burned Audio CDs (from MP3's)have garbled tracks. That is a wierd background appears, which is most noticeable when the music has some high-frequency content (little drums). One would think that garble came from using "cooked" mp3's, but scanning these supposedly cooked mp3 shows no evidence of being "cooked"

Can these problems be from using a bad SN ??

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

A bad SN is very unlikely as probably 50% of those who use Nero have dirty SN's. It sounds like your getting buffer-underrun errors. These are caused by memory not getting allocated to your burner when it desperately needs it, so the driver sputters. If you have a newer drive it will have BU protection, so this wouldn't be your problem. Also, you can try burning at a lower speed. As for your first question I have no clue about the label maker feature. The two of these together sound like you may have a corrupted copy of nero, Either download a new one, or go out and by a clean copy.
    Hope this helps.

3. John375

John375 Guest

Using a Sanyo 24x Burner. Sanyo is a good high quality, versatile burner and one of the best when I bought it. It has burn-proof, and I use it. I usually burn at 12x on 16x platters. (It was Sanyo who first developed Burn-Proof. Believe Sanyo even makes the CDRW-drives for Plextor)

Nero cover Designer: It worked fine in 5.5.9.14. But had problems in both 5.5.10.0 and in 5.5.10.15. The Text-box Font settings are lost when opening-closing.

Saw notice that the new Nero's have hidden blocks for some 1400 blacklisted SN's. Suspect that this means that if you install a new Nero over a dirty Nero, the new Nero will notice the blacklisted SN previously used and the new Nero may then have subtle defects. It may just be that the new Nero's Text-box problem may be indicating such. The garble may likewise be so indicative. Thanks