1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NES Emulator for PS3 via BD-J Format released

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jlhfit, Aug 20, 2008.

1. mixxxk

mixxxk Member

what the nfo/readme doesnt tell ya, is that the roms need to be in lowercase. so, if it is for example, MARIO.NES in the AVCHD folder... it wont work, it must be renamed to mario.nes . etc..
    give that a shot.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. eddison84

eddison84 Regular member

I'm getting nothing but black screen when starting AVCHD on the video folder, not even able to "Select the BD-J homebrew game"... Got 3 games in the AVCHD folder and renamed them using small letters but nothing happens..

EDIT: Solved...it started working when i removed everything else than this folder from the USB-stick and removed the 800 games leaving only a few.. but would it still work with hundreds of games and just load them a long time showing only black screen!?!
    sry bad english, im finnish, we can only speak so called rally-english or finnlish :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  3. Hunt720

Hunt720 Member

I got it to work! I played one rom, but there is an issue with the gameplay (other than the sound). The problem is that you can only use the D-pad and the X button for controlls. You cant hit start select or the "B" button without hitting TRIANGLE and using the BD-J menu to manipulate things.

Example: If I'm playing A Boy and His Blob and I want to change jellybeans you have to use TRIANGLE and then hit the Chapter 1 button to use what I believe is select (not sure).

Is this just this single rom? or is there another configuration? If you use circle it closes the video playback. Not sure if there is anything I can do to manipulate this.

It is FREAKIN cool though.

4. eddison84

eddison84 Regular member

i use the ps3 blu-ray remote controller´s no.1 and 2 buttons to access straigtly select and start.. also played track and field using only the remote controller, wasn´t bad at all.. :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  5. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I played the original Bionic Commando and I was able to use the D-Pad or the Analog stick to move the character around.

6. psplvanub

psplvanub Guest

i thought bd-j was just a sorry-shit excuse for small homebrew on PS3, but accept it or not this is a big breakthrough!!!

7. KingGoji

KingGoji Member

i tried putting the advchd folder in the root menu of my psp mem stick and even on a usb stick and try to boot it up under the video section and it says nothing was found on either the mem stick or the usb stick. what am i doing wrong.

8. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

No BD-J dosnt have RSX access and i dont think it has cell access either,its just a peice of software used on Blu-Ray movie discs in order to play games,like those on DVD.
    As of yet sound is not possible on nes emulator so a DS emulator would be a long way of.

Its not a breakthrough,Sony gave us the choice to do it and wont stop us either as this wont lead to anything other than some Java games and software being created.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  9. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Same problem I'm having anyone have any answer for this?

10. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Yeah, but a loop hole always exists. Maybe one day a java homebrew might find a flaw and exploit it. Take the xbox 1 for example, a buffer overflow allowed unsigned code to run by only a gamesave and memory card. The fat PS2 as well when booting PSX games a buffer overflow also triggers the MS exploit. This will haunt Sony soon enough, I have been using java apps but I dislike them. I'll wait until the PS3 can be unlocked just as it happened to the xbox 1.

11. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Were the PS2 and Xbox one hacked by a DVD movie ? NO they wernt.

What i said earlier.
    The Java applications/homebrew will never hack the PS3,its like in a sandbox,it has access to nothing,it just sits there.

12. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

When i start the AVCHD file i get a error message:This video file can not be played...do anyone know why im getting this error?Thxs

13. zee5

zee5 Member

BD-J homebrews were blocked since 2.50

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008