Networking Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by trini22, Aug 31, 2007.

1. trini22

trini22 Guest

I have tried to network my laptop to my desktop, but am not getting through

The laptop is connected to the router wireless, and the desktop is connected through the Ethernet cable.

I have used the network setup wizard on both computers and they are both called MSHOME for the workgroup. I have read in some guides where it says to enable the guest account which i have done, but still havent been able to network the computers.
    I just want to network the computes so i can transfer files and documents to print.
    I am using the D-Link 524 router

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

When you setup your network what did you select for how your connect to the internet?

I know if you select the wrong one you can have problems. Anything from filesharing to work sometimes or none of the time.

I have the same router and originally had problems too. How it is setup right now is I answered no to the question about the internet setup and then selected connecting through a residential gateway.

I don't have the guest account on any of my computers and it does have an effect. I have the same router. It can file and printer share between the two desktop and two laptops. With a range of Windows 98 to Windows Vista.