1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New gaming PC build RX5700XT

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Ian66, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Ian66

Ian66 Member

Hi Guys,

The last time I built a custom pc and asked for advice on the forums was about 10 years ago, on a Q6600 build. I got great input by Sam Morris, hope you are around and doing well.

I am currently quite clueless on recent trends in pc gaming tech. However
    I am looking to do a build around a RX 5700 XT. I'm not sure on which card exactly, I would have to see what is available.
    I recently bought this monitor to move into 1440p gaming: AOC CQ27G2 27" QHD
    And I'm assuming a RX 5700 XT would be adequate.

I was looking to pair it with a i7-10700K.

The rest of the setup I am not sure about:
    Corsair CX Series CXM750 ?
    Gigabyte B460M ?
    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 16GB (8GB x 2) ?

I'm obviously aiming to try get high settings on most modern titles in 1440p.
    Any input would be appreciated!

2. -Jim-

-Jim- Member

Hi Ian,

I just had to chime in to a guy who's last PC was a Q6600 build 10 years ago. Good for you to challenge yourself again.

(I built a Q6600 build, but I can't count the number of Boxes I've built since.)

My first recommendation is for you to use an M.2 Hard Drive. The performance gains with them are impressive. I assume you've run a Power Supply Calculator to size your PSU. Are you going to have any other hardware; and if so make certain to account for that when sizing the PSU. But 750 watts looks fine at first blush. I like a semi modular PSU as you only install cables for what you need, which makes cable management easier. Lately I've become more of an Asus Motherboard fan, but have built at least half a dozen boxes with Gigabyte MBs - and they all performed well. I have noticed Asus manuals of late have fallen back to the pack on certain models. The all used to be the best in the industry.

Like you, I'm an Intel Fan, but most who build Gamer Boxes go for AMD these days. For me old habits die hard. I bet folks will chime in with that preference here.

Good Luck with the Build. I hope you enjoy it.

3. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I can't name the source but the this is the specs for a gaming system which seems to be what your're looking for-

The original GPU for this build was the one you mentioned but the Super GPU became available.

Attached Files:

4. wnstv

wnstv Newbie

What is the price for it?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed.