New laptop has left me clueless!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dmbrown99, Jan 20, 2010.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

Hi there,
    Recently purchased a new laptop Acer Aspire 5332. I want to find out how to capture my sony handycam video. The laptop has no PCMIA slots, only 2 USB ports. The only slot it has is a tiny card reader slot which I think is used for SD cards and stuff. Is it possible that a card can fit in this slot for firewire? I tried to purchase a Firewire 1394a card but its slightly too wide to fit in the slot. Could someone please help me here. I had no problem on my old laptop which had a large pcmia slot. This is really annoying.
    Dan

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Unfortunately, if it did not come with a Firewire port or an expandable PCMCIA port, then you really don't have any options, unless your Handycam has a USB port also.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take it back & explain why you are doing that. next time check more thorough for what you need before buying. that is a deadend laptop.

4. sezerb

sezerb Member

You have to take it back if you want to use a firewire card.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sezerb, edit those links out of your sig ASAP. posts edited.
    1. Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you need to advertise your products on our site, contact us via the feedback form and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you/your company.
    3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.

seems you were warned in this link http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/364180/2165286 about that but didn't do anything about it so now have a month off to do that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010