New Start up Screen??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sarahn11, Aug 25, 2005.

1. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

Hey i bought a pre chipped box from a company online about 2 months ago and its the best money ive ever spent!

i have it set up just the way i want, but the start up screen in bugging me, it has an xfiles logo in the corner, and the colour of it is not really something ide like.

I was just wondering if this was changeable?? i know that the Dash skins are changable, and ive changed them many times, but i cant seem to find an option for changing the start up screen. im using Evo X as a Dash and i have a duo x2 modchip.

Thanks!

2. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

the only thing i can think of is changing your bios, because when i updated my bios to evox m8, it came up with some pink evo x pic in the corner when it started up but when it got into evox it went, so try that but look 4 a good bios before ya do that, ok hope this helps Phoenix21

3. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

First off... Some advice, I see from your post that you have a Duo-X Modchip. This is what I'd call a 'Cheepmod' allthough X-S http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm has it listed as a 3G (non Cheapmod), Modchip. Personaly anything that has less then 2Mb and has to be Soldered into the XBOX™ is a Cheapmod.

Aguments aside. It seems that you have 2 Banks of 512Kb = 1Mb that you can use. How you are soposed to change Banks? Alas I don't know. As far as Flashing a new Firmware Image (i.e. BIOS), is concerned thouhgh. I'd recomend you open your XBOX™ up and use the Guides you can find here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php to figure out where your XBOX™ falls in the v1.0~v1.6a/b table. VERY IMPORTANT! Beacause if you use a Firmware that was not ment for your XBOX™ you could find yourself looking at a 'Dark Screen' Possibly with Audio! But, once your fairly sure about which version XBOX™ you have finding a replacement Firmware is simple enough. With a decent Bittorent or p2p client.

I'd also try looking on Goolge on how to make what is called a 'XBOX BIOS CD'. Althouh given your XBOX is already hacked. you might be able to FTP shuch an image to the XBOX and then use EvoX to install it for you. If not then you have to make a 'BIOS CD' that will install the new Firmware for you.

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

i kno thats theses aint 100% correct, but everyone that i know who has done it they said it came up correct, To tell what version of the xbox you have with out openingit up you can check buy useing your siral no. on the bottom of the xbox this website should help you out http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_Versions_HOWTO

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@sarahn11

[bold]HERE IS YOUR ANSWER[/bold]

Yes the start up screen can be changed. Assuming you are talking about the one that pops up after the Xbox Flubber Screen, this is what you do
    -> FTP into your xbox.
    -> Go to the E:Drive
    -> Then into the Dashboard folder
    -> You wll see a file in there name bootimage.png (That's what you're seeing)

Now, all you have to do is delete that file and FTP the pic you want to replace it in the same directory. Just prior to FTPing the new pic in, change the name to "bootimage.png" the default size is about 640x478. Changing the file can be done with Photoshop or any other photo editing program. When you save the pic just scroll the options of save formats (i.e. jpg, gif ,png, etc.). But as I was saying once all that is done, save it on your PC, FTP it to that directory in the E:Drive and reboot your xbox.

This time after the flubber screen, you should see the pic you've chosen.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005