new to back up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ftphelp, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

i just soft modded my xbox and im now learning the ropes i have a couple question one is should i get an auto installer and can i ftp that to my xbox becasue im having trouble finding cds that will work with mine. my other qusetions is that i have a astock hdd and i plan on getting a bigger one but it just looks complicated to get it to work but with the stock hdd can i copy a game to my box and then back it up on cd becasue that what i get from the tut that is stickied on the first page that the have to go from the xbox to the pc to a cd right? plus is there any way to make ftp go faster?it takes forever to send a map from my xbox to pc.ty in advance

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you're trying to use Cds on your xbox, they will probably have to be CD-RWs. If you want to use DvDs, usually -Rs will work fine. If you're having trouble with them, try a different brand.

The average xbox factory hard drive is 8-10GB. You should be able to get 1 game on the hdd but it will of course depend on it's size (i.e. Halo might be difficult). I did post a tutorial on how to free up some extra space which may help you in that area. Here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/222553. Yes, you can transfer that game from your Xbox to PC and continue on to back it up with your PC.

What FTP program are you using? What speeds do you normally transfer at?