New To Computers,Plz Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by djMurda, Feb 6, 2004.

1. djMurda

djMurda Member

Hi,heres the problem, i go to all different websites,i click on something and it does not open a new window,like in my mail to activate this acount,the link did not work,i had to paste it searchbar.and yahoo games i put in username,click the room i want to go too,but does not open,does not do anything!been like this for about 3 weeks.i checked for viruses found 3,there gone.ran lots of virus scans found nothing,no adware/spyware. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT.I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.THANKS ALOT!

2. premier99

premier99 Member

need more info like what os are you running is it happening in internet explore??? then some can try and help

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Firewall? And check Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts (disable that)

4. djMurda

djMurda Member

Yes,Im using Internet Explorer Windows 98,i try to open a page on a website that i am on,and the window is just blank, pc is doing nothing.

5. Rburner

Rburner Member

Please update to xp or xp pro that should help a little. Update explorer. you can find the full version of xp for less that 90$ if you look hard or send me a message i hope i helped.

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

djMurda,
    That's a problem I have seen before with IE. The urlmon.dll has a problem. Do this to fix it:
    1) Go to Start then Run and type: regsvr32 urlmon.dll You should get a message saying it was successful.
    2)Reboot
    3)Go to Internet Explorer and pick the pull down menu Tools...Internet Options...Programs then click Reset Web Settings

If that doesn't work try following the instructions here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q281679&

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004