1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kukupuffs, Jul 12, 2010.

1. kukupuffs

kukupuffs Member

I read and saw many videos of how swap magic works. But i am still confused of how the latest versions of swap magic works. Latest is 3.8 but i plan to buy 3.6 instead since its cheaper. I read that people have to unscrew or block the laser censors or something like that to play burnt games and use swap magic? Is that required at all or can i just eject the cover for my ps2 to do swap magic? I have a ps2 slim SCPH-70012 NTSC and already out of the warranty of it.

2. amok1

amok1 Guest

hello, well i have never used swap magic but yea i have read that you need to block 3 sensors on the ps2 to be able to swap the disks without the ps2 knowing that you have opened the disk cover. then you put in your burnt game and voila! it works! i blocked the 3 sensors on my ps2 77001 to install free mcboot. with free mcboot you can play back up games without swapping. swap magic has its its own advantages