1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Guide - PC to PS2 via LAN (Apps & Games)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by digi-tal, Nov 4, 2004.

1. babycake

babycake Member

jonjakjam where can you find your ipconfig.dat?

2. babycake

babycake Member

adam7261 and jacksQs: i was reading this [bold] IP address is configured via mc0:SYS-CONF/IPCONFIG.DAT and the proper format is "ip_address networking_mask gateway_ip" (w/o quotes). The default configuration is "192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1".[/bold] on http://hdldump.ps2-scene.org/howto.html and i've found out that you have to create the SYS-CONF folder on m/c/0 folder and create the file IPCONFIG.DAT and put it in there. Then you edit the IPCONFIG.DAT file and put the ps2 ip that your router gives it to your ps2. mine is 192.168.2.21 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1. it works like a dream for me. I hope it helps you guys too.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

yup babycakes got it right, I never actually change the ipconfig.dat(I use defaults) on the ps2 side, I just edit my ip address on the pc side and everything works fine.

4. adam7261

adam7261 Member

I was having problems being able to FTP into the ps2 through my router so I bought a crossover cable and then manually configured the configuration settings for the IP on the computer. In XP you open up the network conntection connected to your ps2, select TCP/IP Settings or something along those lines, hit configure, and then make your ip addres 192.168.0.xx, netmask 225.225.225.0, and gateway 192.168.0.1, then you can connect without modying the file, which didn't work for me. From that point I've installed many things including keylaucnher, PGEN(sega emu) etc...

on a side note- I was wondering if anyone knows a snes emulator for ps2 besides snes-station. Ive been having a lot of problems with it and Im looking for something that will read roms off MC, isntead of just cd like snes-staion. Someone should make a snes version of PGEN.

5. krkk123

krkk123 Member

PLZ HELP! I tried to connect to my ps2 using flashfxp and I am not getting anywhere. My status window showes this:
    WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.20 -> IP=192.168.1.20 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to 192.168.1.20
    [R] 220 ps2ftpd ready.
    [R] USER anonymous
    [R] 220 modified by SlicStik__
    [R] SYST
    [R] 230 Login ok.
    [R] FEAT
    [R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
    [R] REST 100
    [R] 500 Not understood.
    [R] This site may not allow file resuming
    [R] 500 Not understood.
    [R] PWD
    [R] 257 "/" is current directory.
    [R] TYPE A
    [R] 200 Type set to A.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,33,9,93
    [R] 200 PORT command successful.
    [R] LIST -al
    [R] 500 Unable to open directory.
    [R] LIST
    [R] Connection lost: 192.168.1.20
    I changed my config.dat on the PS2 HD to 192.168.1.20 because my PC IP is 192.168.1.33. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance

6. krkk123

krkk123 Member

Figured it out. It was a firewall setting. Thanks anyways

7. chacep

chacep Guest

After all that you can move ftp to MC and get keylaunch to choose between HD loader, FTP software, and any other software you have.(MC manager, format software, media software, ETC...... By the way where can you download all PS2 software available. Any help would be nice. I have HD loader orig. and exploit MCloader(although i don't know what to do with it??) and a non-working MC manager. Could it be PAL/NTSC problem and can i change that?? I also have a non-working PS2-OS all on PS2 keylaunch. Keylaunch is awesome.

8. babycake

babycake Member

adam7261 if you follow the digi-tal's guide then you should be able to connect to your ps2 with ftp. You just edit the config.dat and tell your router to give the ps2 an ip then it will work. But it doesn't work when you try to install the game because the hldld_svr.elf is using the ip 192.168.0.10 as default, there for you have to create a SYS-CONF folder on m/c/0 folder and create the file IPCONFIG.DAT(using your ftp client) then put the ip to ps2 that your router gave it to your ps2.

9. jacksQs

jacksQs Member

krkk, this is a shot in the dark but i think its your router settings. make sure that your router. if your pc's ip is 192.168.1.33 there is a good chance your DHCP is using a range of ips from .1.0 to .1.50. but you were right to change the ip address. for some reason i cannot connect unless the 3rd 8bite number on my ps2 (i.e. xxx.xxx.This.xxx) matchs the pc's 3rd 8bite number.
    one more thing: make sure you have passive turned off under "toggle" in the quick connect menu.

10. krkk123

krkk123 Member

Thanks Jackqs for replying. I did turn off Passive mode in FlashFXP. It something to do with my sygate firewall setting. I have FlashFXP with full privleges but it will not work. I turn off the firewall and Presto it works like a charm. Now I need to find that keylauncher program so that I can play games.

Thanks everyone

11. dakrow

dakrow Guest

someone please help....all i get is the black screen.i fallowd this guide to a "t" twice.then i used winhiip and still got the black screen.the size of my iso is 128 on my hdd...any ideas? is this just a pal version?

12. paperboy5

paperboy5 Member

dakrow, why not try hdl dump instead?
    http://www.hdldump.ps2-scene.org/

btw i have problems loading the hdl dump server using the memory card exploit. my ps2 boots the game instead. im sure that i have set the title.db correctly.
    any suggestions?

thanks.

13. henson011

henson011 Guest

ok guys im new here i tried your gide sevaral times some of the files i cannot find seriously can you upload the files or just upload the final iso imag that would be perfect and ill love you forever thanks shane

14. dakrow

dakrow Guest

i tried the hdldumb and winhiip not the hdldump...like i said i got all the files and made the ftp .iso....but when i put the hdd back in my ps2 and run the ftp it's just a black screen.not port 21,nothing just a black screen.i'm just trying to see if anyone else had this problem and maybe they could help me with what i'm doing wrong....i have the hdloader retail cd.i'm just looking for a way to make sure i can still play some games if my cd gits scratched....i would make a copy but thats impossable to do...i would love to find a hdloader cracked cd.i would be happy.

15. babycake

babycake Member

dakrow i've tried to install games with winhiip and hdl_dump and i've found out that those don't work together.... seems like winhiip doesn't like hdl_dump. I don't know, maybe you should only use hdl_dump and test it out.

16. Player816

Player816 Member

i can't find ExexFTP 0.68 anywhere.. can someone get me a link to download it? i've searched google and it returns two results.. which are this thread and another

17. fanel

fanel Member

The name, exexFTP, was misspelled. Search on google for execftp or execftps.

18. henson011

henson011 Guest

ok digi-tal can you please email the files or link the exact location where you got the execftp because some people can not find it and also how do i do this on a slim line? how do i prepare my hardrive while its in the pc ? what do i need to setup the hardrive with andhow thanks mate

19. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

1 question, why do we need to go thru such a complicated procedure when all you need to do is use hdl dump and use the networking option? I'm really confused.

20. krkk123

krkk123 Member

Does anyone know if we can add a 16MB expansion card to our exploited PS2 memory card? I know there are a few diffrent types of expansion cards out there. The one I am looking at is made by Pelican.

Thanks