1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Guide - PC to PS2 via LAN (Apps & Games)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by digi-tal, Nov 4, 2004.

1. henson011

henson011 Guest

do you no if what you are trying to do can be achieved by this someone let me no please im after a solution have a slim ps2 thanks

2. Player816

Player816 Member

3. morphx

morphx Member

I got my network all set up,now when i try to connect to my ps2 in flashfxp.it says sonnection failed,

my settings are as follows

ps2 - ip 192.168.10

netmask :255.255.255.0

gateway ip:192.168.0.1

this info shows up on the tv screen within the execftps server settings,and by the way,just to make sure my execftps server is loading,the last line says

"executing ftp-server"

and a box just sits there on the next line to the lower left of the screen.

should'nt it say somthing like"server on port 21 started" ???

anywho,i'm almost there and i see other having the same problem,i dno't wanna give up so close,the reason why i decided to use the way to get files to the hdd or mc is b/c somtimes,ps2menu and the ps2os exploits won't read my cd-r's that i burn ELF's onto with nero as data,it works on some i burn and sometimes it does'nt,i burned 7 cd-r's last night and it would'nt read one of them,but it read my psx trigger CD with no problem all the time,and the other data cd-r with ELF's i burnt to them so i can copy them from the cdrom to the hdd or mc.

Thanks in adavance my friends :0)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  4. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

how do I edit my PS2 ip? I use the network disc but it saves the settings on mc, does it load them when I start hdld_Serv?

5. morphx

morphx Member

you edit the ipconfig.dat file for execftps and put that dat file into the sys-config folder on your memory card's root directory so that execftps can see it and use your network settings,all you have to do is get the dat file to your memory card with your fav exploit like ps2menu or ps2os you name em.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  6. jetblac

jetblac Member

THIS IS SO SIMPLE...
    Me being a Noob, I should have been the last person to figure this out.
    YOU MUST EDIT THE CONFIG.DAT FILE BEFORE YOU DUMP IT TO YOUR HARDDRIVE.
    your IP address is not the one listed.
    Step 1: find your gateway and IP address in network settings. you will be exchanging it for the ones listed in the config.dat file.
    In the config.dat file : The first set of numbers will be your PS2 IP address, that you create. It should be the same as your computers IP address but you change the last 2 digits to whatever you want.
    The middle digits are the Subnet mask. It is correct.
    The last set of digits is your Gateway, listed in network Connection Status/Support
    Example config.dat:
    192.168.-.-- 255.255.255.0 192.168.-.-
    mine looks like this
    192.168.2.89 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1
    Step 2: then do everything else the tutorial says. Works like a charm.

7. jjjoic

jjjoic Member

I have successfully installed the MC Exploit.
    When I boot my PS2 with PS1 CD, it establishes FTP set up with
    PS2-IP: 192.168.1.3
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1

When I use FlashFXP and connect to 192.168.1.3, FlshFXP successfully connects to PS2. I am able to check/upload files to PS2 MC.

But when I start hdl_dumb and tried to attach to 192.168.1.3, it keeps showing that the drive refuses to connect.

Can anyone help me please.

thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  8. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

where is the config.dat file? I didn't transfer any files I just burnt hdld_serv and started like that. Can u explain how to edit the config.dat file and where it is and how I get it on MC, or HDD..

9. jjjoic

jjjoic Member

Just use Notepad and edit as follows:

192.168.*.* 255.255.255.0 192.168.*.*

then save as config.dat
    then use FlashFXP and upload config.dat to your PS2's mc card in the same folder as BOOT.ELF and TITLE.DB.

That's it

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  10. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

I used hdl dumb to transfer a few games already so I don't really need to use this method, but since I can't go online while being connected to ps2 I'm gonna have to go thru this whole guide just so I can edit the config.dat file to let my ps2 get connected to pc while I'm online at the same time..

only problem is, when I connect my hdd to my pc locally it doesn't start windows up, says invalid boot drive or something, what does that mean?

11. jjjoic

jjjoic Member

Hi Vicx19,

Sounds like your PC tries to boot from your PS2 HD and failed. How do you connect the PS2 HD to your PC? Through the internal IDE bus or an external USB case? Set your PS2 HD's jumper to "Slave" when connecting through IDE and "Master" when using an external USB closure.

Hope this would work your problem out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  12. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

thru IDE. I tried master and slave but I got the same message, how did u guys do it??

do I really have to go thru this whole procedure? all I wanna do is edit the config.dat and put it on the mc. I've already tried sending a few games over using hdl dumb over a network so I don't know what the point of this whole guide is for.

13. coolie4

coolie4 Member

Can any1 plz give me a tutorial on how to do this exactt same thing without connecting hdd to pc. burning would be better for me. Also, how to transfer the free hd loader mc exploit thru the ftp server.

Basicly what i want is for some1 to post a reply saying how to burn the iso made by cdgen and install it on ps2 then transfer hd loader to the ps2 thru the newly made server. will this work????

14. Tijntje

Tijntje Member

Hello everybody. I used the tutorial but when I boot the PS1 game at step 4 my PS2 screen turns all red and HDL Dumb can't find my PS2. I have got Flash FXP and all the other things running.

Please help me out....

15. MarQuez85

MarQuez85 Guest

Common somebody help 'Tijntje', so you guys can help me 2 :D!!

16. jjjoic

jjjoic Member

I have successfully installed the MC Exploit.
    When I boot my PS2 with PS1 Disc, it establishes FTP with the configuration below:
    PS2-IP: 192.168.1.3
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1

I use FlashFXP and connect to 192.168.1.3, and it successfully connects to PS2. I can check/upload files to PS2 MC.

But when I start hdl_dumb and tried to attach to 192.168.1.3, it keeps showing that the drive refuses to connect.

Can anyone help me please?

thanks

17. Vicx19

Vicx19 Member

I need help too, where'd all the smart people go?

18. morphx

morphx Member

umm,JJJoic,you can't connect to your ps2 through hdl_dump when runing a execftps server,you have to run them one at a time.

19. aero77

aero77 Member

Heres a question for you guys!

1. First of all, i can ftp into my hdd on my ps2 thanks to the great explanation thanks to digi-tal! I'm wondering what the three directories are.

There is hdd, mc, and pfs. I assume mc is memory card, and i know hdd, but what is pfs? Also, i view the contents in hdd, and there is a folder called '0' and nothing under it. I have several games on my hdd, where are they?

2. I use Media Player 1.5 to watch divx and play mp3's and view jpgs. What I want to be able to do is to play divx from the hdd! how would you suppose I do that? do I need to basically do what i did to get ftp workin on the ps2, by connecting hdd to comp, and copy an image across containing media player with divx movies in it?

Im not even sure if this is possible,but if it is, it would be great to know! thanks!

aErO

20. babycake

babycake Member

jjjoic and Vicx19 if you guys read digi-tal's guide + my post then you should find out how to solve you guys's prob.