Newbie needing some help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by CrazyNuts, Apr 30, 2006.

1. CrazyNuts

CrazyNuts Member

Hi everyone

I have just joined but have been browsing the site looking for some answers to my questions. I haven't been able to find any simple guides thus i am asking for your assistance.

I have a few questions.

1) How can i change the IP and SAVE it under my EvoX dashboard? i have the Duo-X2 modchip. When i change the IP and then exit the menu it reverts back to the original IP.

2) How can i back up the dashboard from my Xbox? Basically i want to upgrade the HDD but i don't have the dashboard stored anywhere. Are there any guides for this? Also i would appreciate any gudes on how to set up a new HDD and install the dashboard on it.

3) How can i enable the option on my dashboard to select 480p/576/720 on my PAL (Australian) Xbox? I believe i have to convert it to NTSC somehow but will that prevent my original games from playing on this xbox? If so how do i overcome this?

That's it for now :)

Thanks for your help

Kris

2. CrazyNuts

CrazyNuts Member

4) How can i play xbox games with a USB keyboard and mouse? I've tried using the Xbox to USB converter cable but that didn't work

3. theridges

theridges Guest

1)to change the ip settings in evox you will have to edit the .ini file on the C Drive if its not on the C Drive then its on the E Drive....

2)you dont have to back-up the dashboard to upgrade the hd really you have a chip so all you have to do is put in the AID 3.0 disc in along with the new HD and it will format it and install a new dashboard of your choice....

3)i dont really know the answer to this sorry i use unleashX but its probably in the video settings or you can go to your ms dash and change it to 480p there....

4)there is a device here that should work with what you wanthttp://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=82&products_id=5438
    there are attachemnts to add on the usb mouse and keyboard to make them compatible with normal sockets just go to your local computer store...

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2006
  4. CrazyNuts

CrazyNuts Member

what is AID 3.0 and where can i get it?

Thanks

5. theridges

theridges Guest

Auto Installer Deluxe 3.0 you can get it from torrent sites search isohunt.com it is a disc that has a bunch of applications and tools on it....