Newbie needs help with TMPGenc

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by smccartin, Jun 14, 2005.

1. smccartin

smccartin Member

I hope this is the right place to post this question. First, are there any good guides to TMPGenc? It seems easy enough to use but being a newbie there are a lot of settings and terms that are not familiar to me in this software.

Here's the project: .AVI divx files (and a few xvid AVI files), Japanese anime (fan subs). The problem is that when I just use MyDVD 6 to burn them the subtitles are cut off on the tv screen, I need to resize the frame or make it letterbox or something along those lines. I believe I've figured out how to set 16:9 in TMPGenc but the resulting video looks really small when I load it into mydvd--I told it to center the image and keep the ratio. I know the problem is that I just plain don't know what I'm doing and this takes so long to mess around with I'm just looking for a shortcut.

If someone that has done this kind of project could just kindly give me a couple of pointers I'd really appreciate it. I want these to look decent since it's going to be a present for a good friend, i.e. I don't want the image so small on the screen you can't see it, I want it as large as possible to fill up the TV screen without cutting off the english subtitles on the bottom of the frame. Thanks for any help.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you click on the menu at the top.See the guides tab, click on there and you find the following to help you:

Advanced TMPGEnc DVD Author Guide
    · Basic TMPGEnc DVD Author Guide
    Advanced TMPGEnc Guide
    · Advanced TMPGEnc XPress Guide
    · Burning (Super) VideoCDs with VCDGear and BurnAtOnce
    · Compile (Super)VideoCDs using VCDEasy
    · Convert DivX to VCD with subtitles
    · Convert DivX video to VideoCD format with VobSub subtitles
    · Convert DVD to VideoCD with permanent subtitles
    · Convert DVDs to SVCD or CVD using DVD2SVCD
    · Convert SVCD to VCD with TMPGEnc (From CD-Images or MPEG files(s))
    · Convert SVCD to VCD with TMPGEnc (From CDs)
    · DVD to SVCD with TMPGEnc
    · DVD to VCD with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc
    · Joining mpeg files in Womble MPEG-VCR v3.14
    · Merging MPEG-1/2 videos with DV-Tool
    · Repair non-compilant VCD MPEG-videos
    · Splitting MPEG-1/2 videos with DV-Tool
    · TMPGEnc Basic Guide
    · TMPGEnc XPress Basic Guide

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2005