newbie with burning to dvd question

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by tjedwards, May 26, 2006.

1. tjedwards

tjedwards Regular member

hi, not new to afterdawn, but new to this forum. after hours of searching through posts with no luck, i am stumped. just recently bought a sony handycam dvd305. i have successfully uploaded my video off the 1.4 gig discs via dvd decrypter in file mode. what i'm wanting to do is put 2-3 1.4's onto a 4.7 gig disc.
    now i assumed that i could use dvd shrink to combine these onto one disc. after shrink runs through it's analysing process, i wanted to check it out first so i don't start making coasters. so i start previewing the video in shrink. well all through the video it has these horizontal lines when there is movement. i have previewed the video back in click to dvd and interwindvd and the video looks fine can anyone tell me what is causing this?
    i didn't burn any of the video, thought i'd try to figure it out first. if there is a better or easier way to do this please share it with me. i would definitely try something differen't if that would help. i already have those programs so i thought i'd give it a try first. if there are any other freeware programs for doing this would be great, if not, i guess i'll have to spend some money. any help would be appreciated.

2. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Go and buy a dvd+rw and burn to it and see what the end result would be. That way you will know if it will play normally after it is burned to a dvd.

3. TimKizzle

TimKizzle Regular member

sounds like you are witnessing interlacing
    tell dvd shrink to output to a DVD image, or ISO
    download Daemon tools, it makes virtual drives and you can mount the image onto it and it will show up in Power DVD or whatever as a dvd. play the dvd and see what happens. since your monitor is progressive, you will see the interlacing, but on a TV you will not see it, unless your tv is progressive.

i wont explain daemon tools, it would take too long, and there are many tuts on the site, but if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask

4. tjedwards

tjedwards Regular member

thanks for the help. while i was waiting for a reply i ran it through click to dvd and it worked out fine, looks good. when i ran it through shrink a second time i didn't notice the problem. so i'll see what happens next time i need to burn some home movie stuff. thanks once again.