1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWSBIN QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by catsee, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catsee

catsee Guest

NOW FOR SOME REASON EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD NEW GAMES IT TELLS THE HEADER IS CORRUPT WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEAESE HELP

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Stop with the CAPS! You probably just got a Bad download! Make sure that when you are downloading, that nothing is running while you are doing that, because that can sometimes lead to a Corrupt File!

3. catsee

catsee Guest

that cant b i've been using newsbin for over 2 years and i never saw this msg b4 i downloaded 2 different NBA 2k8 and every-time i try to extract it, it tells me corrupt msg bs

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Then I don't know what to tell ya!

You could try just Buying the game, it's legal, and it works every time!

5. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

He may have already bought the game and just trying to download a back-up......even if he didn't buy the game, you guys need to watch your assumptions.

6. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I am watching my Assumptions! If you have the game, and you are downloading it, THAT is considered Illegal! Read up on it next time!

7. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

How about you stop being such a hypocrite. Stop harshing people for downloading games cause it is illegal like the legal side is truely your belief system. Let me paste something from your blog that is linked to from this site. Here we go

"I've been modding my old Xbox for about 2 years now, and have always loved it. I'm a member at Afterdawn, and help people with their modding problems. My Xbox, is a v1.6 with an Xecuter 3 CE (solderless) chip installed. I've also taken my old HDD out, and installed a 200GB HDD. It is really nice having a modded Xbox, because now I can make backups of all of my games, and play homebrew. I also enjoy the Emulators that people have made playable on the Xbox. Now that there isn't much to do with my Xbox, I'm going to start modding my Xbox 360. I'm thinking about getting the Blaster 360, and also the Chameleon X-GREEN case mod. I will also need a Dual Layer DVD burner, so that I can make backups of my Xbox 360 games. Check out my pics for progress pics of me modding my Xbox 360. Stay Tuned!!!"

Now as any of us modders know to use a bios on the original xbox that will allow you to play backups and emulators has been hacked with a stolen XDK Program and is against the law to have or use. If you ever hacked an xbox to allow it to play backups then you are breaking the law. So how about you stop trying to act like other people are below you. Sound good? Thanks

8. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Like I said, maybe he was trying to get a back-up so he wouldn't have to use his oiginal and risk damage to it. Your advice for him to use an original game disk contradicts the idea of using a back-up.

9. fgamer

fgamer Guest

"DavGerm4" is what we call a hypocrite!

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If you wanna call me a hypocrite that's your problem! I was just telling someone what the deal is!

@fgamer, You weren't even involved in this, so stop trying to be cool!

And ya, in my Blog it did say that! I wrote that when I was first a member here about a year ago! Now I'm seeing friends that I know of that are modders, and they are being Arrested for THESE kinds of Actions! So don't get all pissed off when I was warning you about something! That's all that I was doing!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  11. fgamer

fgamer Guest

"DavGerm4" Don't make silly comments like "You weren't even involved in this, so stop trying to be cool!" Everyone's "in this." Need I remind you that this is a public forum so everyones in this. Don't throw a hissy fit because I called you out as you are!! I'll say it again...you're a hypocrite!!! And clearly you'll always be.

12. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, once again fgamer, you're not "IN" on this! So stop trying to be! If you wanna call me a hypocrite that's your own Damn Problem! I was giving just a Fact! YA, I did talk about that in one of my Blogs, but as you get older, you start to realize the Facts in life! So stop trying to be the Hero of the Forum, and just shut the Hell up!

13. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Exactly what actions are they being arrested for, modding, downloading games, ripping games........, what? How did they get caught? This information would be beneficial to the people on here who believe in excersing their right to protect their property.

14. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

It would be beneficial but since you don't want my help, find it out on your own!

15. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Good lord what a waste of space.

The people that Dav is referring too are modders that offer their service on the net (so I dont get called out store fronts also), I too know a couple of people who were raided by ICE. The use of mod chips is illegal (in the USA atleast), and the chips were imported from Canada/wherever, hence why ICE was involved. A few people actually sold modded systems to detectives, which obviously is not good. Google ICE and mod chips or something similar to that to get more information. Sony and Nintendo were/are deeply involved in this.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

fgamer, you got 2 weeks off to settle down as we don't need a flamewar on this site.

17. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Aww the almighty ban hammer, cant say it is without warrant though...just don't smack me with it ddp :p

Hope you are well by the way :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i'm alright & it is a bummer i can't smack you with it. darn.

19. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Don't cry yourself to sleep yet ddp, I am sure I will give you good enough reason to smack me in the behind with the hammer soon :(

/me goes to the psp forum to pick a fight

20. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

LOL......sounds like somebody needs to change their maxi-pad. Since your trying to be the ultimate law abiding citizen, why don't you un-mod your Xbox and 360, delete all your emaulators, and destroy all of your back-ups. That way, you can use your originals because as you said before, their legal and they work everytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.