Nice divx under £50 pounds

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Xsilver, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

I just thought i would post a little bit about a dvd player i got the other day. I am tired of going throught the motions of getting a film and recoding it and all the craphola. I have had a dvd writer for years and i decided to get a standard alone dvd player that will play divx/xvid burned to a dvd as it stands. The cheapest i found around a couple of months ago was £80 at amazon.co.uk (Sorry i dunno if you like advertising) for a Kiss dvd player which had mixed reviews and problems playing divx/xvid of vbr files. which to me is pants. So i went back there and found "Medion MD40814 DivX Multi-region DVD player" just type in medion and it will find it. £55 including delivery. It quite wide but very slim about 2" if that.In a silver colour with a mirror finish on it. The only thing i dont like is the headphone socket and volume knob which sticks out the front, I personally think is not needed. Anyways, it is multi region straight out the box as tested with "the goonies" region 1 (Top film) and tested a film which dont play on my old dvd player due to scratchs etc and it played like a dream. Also Tested VCD, SVCD, KVCD all played no problem. DVD-/+R/RW and CDR/RW all worked fine also. I burned a dvd with 5 divx files on of various bit rates using nero drag and dropped no messing with them recoding etc etc. These all worked fine except for two things

1. A film stopped part wat through for no reason so i pressed play again and fast fowarded it back to the place and it worked fine.
    2. Fast forwarding them can make the player crash but it only seemed to do it on a certain film and none of the others. This annoyed me because it has a digital on/off switch as opposed to a manual push it in and it stays in push it again and it stays out i then had to unplug it to get it going again.

The remote did make me laugh my immediate comment to my missus was where did they get this from 1986. No its not terrible just quite large but the good thing is that the buttons are big so no hitting the wrong ones by mistake.

Overall i would give it a 8/8.5 out of 10 simply its a case of what you get and what you paid and at £49.99 plus postage its a bargain.

P.S Built in dolby decoder
    See ya guys
    Xsilver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.