1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice List of DVD Media and Codes

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DogBomb, Feb 3, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

cincyrob, on your older dvd player try using DVD-R instead od the DVD+R .alot of the older standalone dvd players dont like the DVD+R format even if there booktyped

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Yeah!aabbccdd may be right here.I do remember that our dear Doc said that he actually does have one stand alone player(forgot which brand it is)which won't play any kind of DVD+R media(even the taiyo one)whether booktyped or not and would read only the -R medias.

Vincent.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Some of the older player will also look for the AUDIO_TS folder which many folks leave out nowadays. If it isn't there they won't recognize the disc.

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Oh!!!That's what would explain all these movies my dad has not been able to watch on his sony dvd player and on my uncle's sony too.It always keeps saying "NO AUDIO_TS FOLDER".But these sames discs will play fine on my most recent Samsung player.

Thanks Nephilim for opening my eyes on that.So i guess that when i burn any movie now,i must include that AUDIO_TS FOLDER even if it looks empty.Am i right?

Vincent.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

TY4ever..What are U useing to burn with..That does'nt add the AUDIO_TS..Anything I use puts both AUDIO,& VIDEO_TS
    Nero
    CopyToDVD
    ImgBurn
    Shrink
    DVD Decrypter
    CloneDVD2
    1Click...etc

6. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Me too i use Nero,DVD Decrypter,CloneDVD2,DVDShrink to burn.But the discs that don't play on these sony players were not burned by me,they were copies made by i don't know whom exactly.At that time i did not even have my own pc :( It's true while burning with these programs,they do take in charge all the files that need to be included for the burn.

But i do remember one time while i was trying to backup something,i can't remember what exactly,but i was using Nero and i saw two folders in which i should drag files into,one for video and the another one for audio and i just drag directly into the video one and ignored the audio one.And i think if my memory is good that the disc did get some problem in playing on the sony players.You know, when you're new in something you just do things upside down,not knowing exactly what you're doing,i guess that's what i was doing at that time.But now i burn and know exactly what i'm doing,without doing anything using the trial and error method.

It's only when nephilim mentioned the AUDIO_TS FOLDER,then i remembered about seeing something like that before.

But thanks anyway rick5446 for your concern and for trying to help.I appreciate that.

Vincent.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

with clonedvd2 it lets you choose if you want to add the audio_ts.i have never checked that when im burning that might be a problem there. like you said it doesnt look like anything is there. it allways has a 0 in it...i will try some -R's will have to buy some and give them a try.... its just got me baffled as to why some disc are perfect and some are getting the freezing and pixels... but trying some 35c disc are cheaper than buying a new burner or a dvdplayer..... which i think i need a new burner anyway...lol..just excuse to tell the wife i need a new plextor...lol

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

cincyrob..Again I say I've not used a burn program that does not create both AUDIO & VIDEO_TS.Regardless how U store them on your computer.
    Buy a BENQ a lot cheaper with QUALITY Burns

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok dont laugh i just went and bought some khypermedia 8x-r's 25 for $4. just to try the minus r's dont want to buy a bunch of them and it not be my problemi couldnt see buying a 10pack of verbs for $10.....

10. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

dolphin2..Maybe 1655 better for the difference,ability to light-scribe
    Nice for CD's
    36.00 at newegg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  12. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Good price but I'm not a fan of lightscribe. When they come out with colors then I'll go for it.

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

cincyrob, let us know if they work. there junk media but if they dont work you arent out much use them to backup data or something. and if they do worrk get TY or Verbatim in the DVD-R format .oh BTW DVD-R stands for DVD dash R NOT minus lol. so its DVD dash R or DVD plus R to be correct

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

aabbccdd..If this is a plus[+]!Then why is'nt this a minus [-]?
    Why is it just a slash?why not a dash!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

it is a dash lol .the DVD-R format came out first and was NEVER intended to be called minus. DVD dash R is the correct way to say it

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@ Cincyrob
    Supermediastore.com is having another TY sale, $49.99 free shipping for 200 TY disks, they list the 4X speed, but my understanding is that they haven't shipped and 4X in a few months,
    http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-DVD-R-200.html
    Can't believe you bought CMC Mags, You get hit in the head with a foul ball recently?
    This link isn't coming out correctly for some reason, sorry guys. I have edited this 4 times, looks fine when I edit it, then adds the junk in front when I post?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  17. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

18. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Yea but they'r silver faced not printable

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i used them junk disc. did failure to launch. (which is the one i did on my 16x plus r verb and acted up on me)and it came out great looks like my pioneer just doesnt like plus r media other than TY's i burnt it at 6x took about 22mins looks like i start buying dash r disc or get me a new dvd player. i also burnt ultra violet on the junk media(khypermedia) at 8x which is max for that disc and no problems on my pioneer either

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yup i thought that was the problem .lots of older dvd players just dont like the dvd+r format .i use Taiyo Yuden DVD-R format and they work in almost every dvd player ive thrown them at