1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice List of DVD Media and Codes

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DogBomb, Feb 3, 2005.

1. lisa32

lisa32 Member

k but b4 i go to the store how will i know that these dvdr's have these codes for me to buy them?

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hi lisa,

THAT is where it gets a bit tricky~ you need to be familiar with a particular brand and it's past history to KNOW what you will be getting, for the most part, it's taking a gamble..

branded companies change manufacturers fairly often, so, some of the "tricks of the trade" can be by looking on the spindle itself to distinguish "MADE IN JAPAN" or "MADE IN TAIWAN" on a few of the manufacturers (ie. Fuji MIJ 8x dvd+r are Yudens, Sony MIJ 8x dvd+r are Yuden coding as well, the MIT are NOT~!)

that is just an example...really depends on what you are looking for, i may be more help to you if you have a particular media code that has worked well for you in the past, i have a few tricks up my sleeve in locating a particular media code based on my OWN past history of buying media locally~ i naturally recommend to others Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim...let me know~

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

YeS thanks for the list i printed it out to KEEP

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

CMC MAG.AF1 r these good?

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

no, they are not good~ beware of anything CMC MAG related in media ID code~ :p

6. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Dam, i always end up with cr!@ disks.

7. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@alien

it's ok...we ALL have had our fair share of bad media, it's a learning process...take it one step at a time~ :) i wasted plenty of $$ in the past buying CMC MAG crap, not knowing any better~ it happens to all of us at one point or another...not to worry, come check out more threads in the dvd-media forum where you will always find me recommending the Good from the Bad to the Ugly~ :)

8. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanks, Really appreciate the help. AS i said in my other post what do you think here is what i said "i live in australia and i can get sony, shintaro, benq, verbatim, laser and mediacache where i live. Im testing diff ones to see what they're like. Are these good?" What would you reccomend?

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hi alien,

well, i assume even in Australia media is STILL produced in either Japan or Taiwan..am i correct in assuming that?

from your list..i would only stick with Sony (8x dvd+r MADE IN JAPAN is Taiyo Yuden, #1 recommended media, but must be MIJ for that to hold true) and secondly, Verbatim~ MCC coding is very good as well, MOST verbatims are MADE IN TAIWAN~ you might find some old stock made in singapore, but, i figure MOST you will find in AUS is probably MIT)

so, with that in mind here is the breakdown :

Sony dvd+r 8x MADE IN JAPAN (located on bar code on spindle)= TYs
    Verbatim 8x both formats MADE IN TAIWAN= excellent media as well~

the others....stay away from, do yourself a favor and discontinue getting as you say,
    good luck~

10. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yes you are correct.

When saying i live in australia i meant that it was hard to get good brand disks mentioned by people eg.TY's. Thanks for the info. The disks right now that i have are teac with the CMC MAG.AF1 code and laser which are SKC,CO LTD and havent used the laser ones as i am afraid that the disks will be cr@# and wont work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2005
  11. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

you have just answered your own question~ im sorry to tell you that being RIGHT/CORRECT in your assumption is not ALWAYS a good thing~

try out the Sony and Verbatim, you will have MUCH better success~ :) good luck~

12. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

once again thanks.

13. yu_biatch

yu_biatch Member

wow great list. Now where can i find a list of burners that work well with these brands? I have a Memorex 8x Burner. Works well with Memorex and tdk media, but not Imation media nor GQ media.

14. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Also i got a free dvd-r with a pc mag and the code on that is MCC 02RG20 is this good?

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

let me guess..Verbatim 8x dvd-r~ am i right?// WHOO HOOO~!! hehehe

yes, it's very good~ :) have fun~ burn on....

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Woohoo finally a good disk.

17. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

funny how the one good disc you get is FREE from a pc magazine~ ironic how things work out isn't it? LOL

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

yeah lol.Now ill have to buy more of those disks, but first hav to use 10 laser disks and 7 teac.

19. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

use those lasers and teac as "nice shiny coasters" for your tabletop~ :) they should do a very nice job in keeping your table "H20 ring free" :)

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah will hav to make a pattern like sliver,printable,silver,etc.