1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice List of DVD Media and Codes

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DogBomb, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Blighter

Blighter Regular member

Hi guys, I'd been hearing good reviews about the Taiyo Yuden discs, and since all my dvd movies seem to be very choppy i thought i'd invest £40 in a spindle of 100 DVD-Rs http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/info_3174.html) Taiyo Yuden, unbranded, TYG02.

The first few burnt with my Lite-on LDW-811S were ok, except after about 5 dvd-r's, the movie's have gone back to being choppy. i've also tried the same batch with a Pioneer DVR 110D and they're still choppy? Is this a one off? I've heard so much about the Taiyo Yuden media that i'm slightly annoyed to find out that i've bought 90 odd coasters! Especially since i invested £40 on them! Should i try the verbatim media with Taiyo Yuden dye instead??

Nick

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'm a Verb freak myself, but i've just replied to your thread re the TY discs from svp.

soz, i bounce around these forums like zebedee :)

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Blighter make sure your burning at 4X VERY IMPORTANT !!! The Taiyo Yudens should work fine and turn everything else off while burning (no other programs running)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  4. n0v0n

n0v0n Guest

Anybody knows where I can get TYs here in the USA CHEAP???

I am some movies and sending a lot of my junk DVDs to some of my (ehemm) favorite ´´FRIENDS`` 8>)

vengeance has a very peculiar taste he he he

5. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

I've never seen genuine TY's for sale in the USA except for certain Made in Japan media, but you can get really good deals on them at SuperMediaStore.com

6. soulz9

soulz9 Guest

I got a question for the SONY DVD-R, are they any good? I tried burning DVD movies they ran very good but whenever I use to create a DATA DVD using Nero Ultra, it does not work on any other computer. My DVD+/-R is Lite-On SOHW-832SX (Double Layer). I have an external and internal. I used the external on my laptop to burn a data DVD and it only ran on Lite-On DVD writers. Do lite-on dvd writers suck or is the Sony DVD-R media cheap?

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

supermediastore.com ,meritline.com ,rima.com or newegg.com all sell Tiayo Yuden and you will never get fakes for them unlike shop4tech steer clear from that site

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

soulz9 tyhe sony dvd dash r is ok media BUT you can def. do better try Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim both top notch

9. n0v0n

n0v0n Guest

@DakotaFan

Thanx I will check that out.

10. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

will 16x taiyo yuden's work too? and are they good? cause i didnt see them on that list...

11. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

yes, the 16x TYs are good, ONLY if they are GENUINE, check on the inner hub and i can verify for you...they will also code out as TYG03 with a media identifier program...

also another tip, the 16x TYs dvd+r format will be available early next year, so be on the lookout for those :) they will code out as YUDEN000T03 :)

a tip when burning 16x rated media, i PERSONALLY keep my burns @8x, i would keep the burn a little slower to ensure less chance of errors, but, the scans i have @16x are not too bad either, it really depends on your setup/system, use caution for speed when burning onto 16x rated media...

docTY

12. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

I know, i never go higher than 8x, i use 8x for data discs and 1/2/4x for PS2, 2x most of the time.

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I hear you I have,nt bought any 16x yet but generally burn @ 4x for video on 8x media anways !

14. waseemS

waseemS Member

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@waseemS - that is indeed a fantastic place to buy from , they're otherwise known as www.svp.co.uk

16. casroc

casroc Member

I recently got some Verbatim 8X DVD+R media made in Taiwan. In several of the other posts, I see people refer to "MCC 003" and "DataLife". Where would I find this information on my own disks? On the disk itself? On the spindle? On the packaging. I've looked all over with no success. Thanks for the info.

17. puds1970

puds1970 Member

If you download dvd identifier (look for it on a search engine) that will do the trick.

18. jcburrell

jcburrell Member

i just bought some hp invent dvd+r 8x and i am having lots of problems. i can no longer write with dvd decrypter. i have to use roxio to write my dvd's. i was using memorex... i wish i'd never changed.

19. casroc

casroc Member

Puds 1970... Thanks! I'll give it a try. Maybe that will clear up some of the "fog".

20. casroc

casroc Member

Puds 1970 ... That was just what I needed! I was able to get all the pertinent information from the disk. Thanks again for your help. Now maybe I can follow some of the comments in these threads a little more closely.