Ninja Gaiden Black

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by metroalex, Oct 4, 2005.

1. metroalex

metroalex Member

Hello,
    I am trying to backup Ninja Gaiden Black. I got the files off my original disc via ftp. It's a huge file - 5.0 GB- so that when I try to burn it to a DVD via Nero I can't. I know I can erase some files- but I rather not delete the movies. Any ideas, please?

2. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

delete the extra languages. im not sure which ones they are since i havent burnt this game myself but i did this for the first one so i think it should work for this one. makes sure you leave english there.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

the last one had two versions of every video file.....the only difference between them was a 'j' at the end of the file name. Which would be the japanese file that would be deleted. I don't know if the new game is setup the same way or not,but it's something to check out.

4. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

Yo G! just go into the 'Movie' folder and delete all the files that have a Japanese counter-part to them. It will have a 'j' in them. There should be about 5 or 6 of them. Deleting those will still not be enough. Also delete the file called 'DOA4', it's about 690 megs and it's for the preview for the new 'Dead or Alive 4 game. Have fun man!! VERY VERY good game and challenging too.

5. metroalex

metroalex Member

Thank you everyone for your responses.

6. metroalex

metroalex Member

I having some problems. There's my step by step process:

1- Got all the game files via FTP from my original DVD
    2- Deleted japanese movie files and the DOA4 movie
    3- Used Craxtion to make a iso
    4- The iso is know 4.29 gb, so it fits in a normal DVD-R
    5- Used Nero to burn; opened iso file, 4x, got Ok message
    6- I have a EvoX system. Loaded up the game, the system doesn't recognize a game.

What did I do wrong?

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'm not sure....it sounds like you did it the right way. Does anyone know if this game needs to be patched? I usually--
    1-delete what I have to
    2-create the image with quix
    3-burn image with dvd decrypter

The way you did it should've worked fine.

If you can,use dvd2xbox and copy the game to your xbox and then delete the files from there. Then transfer the files to your pc and then use craxtion to make the image. Then burn.....who knows. I haven't had the chance to try that game out yet.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  8. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

if u just deleted those files, you are fine. if it didn't recognize it, then it's probably the type of media you're using. Memorex sux ass for me. my xbox doesn't like Memorex brand. everything else should be fine. i get my medias from Best Buy. Fujifilm, Verbatim, and Sony all works fine. it's a DVD-R of course. i'm doing it the same way as you are, and it works. i just back it up from the original. NO, u don't need to patch any games unless u gonna play it off the HD.

9. metroalex

metroalex Member

Thanks again for the responses. I was using TDK brand DVD-R. i'll try soem other type, the ones you mentioned.

10. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

wow, i only use dvd+r...and NEVER memorex or maxell. verbatims are cheap and work great. fuji's are working for me too

11. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi , when you create a image with qwix, should you then take that iso and convert it? it then makes a "optimized" dvdr. i am not sure what optimized is... a wild idea i had was that a optimized iso is the xiso, but i may be way off. anyway everytime i backup a xbox title i ftp the files in with flashfxp and then open up qwix and patch the xbe files***. then i create the iso from the folder. then i click on the convert iso and redo the iso to make it "optomized". then i burn it. also the *** is for : are you supposto patch ALL the xbe files that show up in the main folder? i have been and the game works fine, but it would be nice to know. i am glad someone made this thread about ninja gaiden black, because i had no idea how to shrink it. i thank you for that. another game that needs things done to it is advent rising. i am not sure i did things 100% right, but how i shrunk it was to use a old method with ps2 games. i took the large backup.bin and backup.bak and the updatedash.bak and updatedash.bin(i think that was the names) and i opened up a text file and made a 1 byte file and renamed them ocordingly. i replaced them with the larger files. well the game works and i have not found errors.

12. leela

leela Member

hey ppl, if you have games over 4.7gig go to http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/ its site which tells you what files you can delete to shrink games, there is no info on ninja gaiden 2, however i just refered to ninja gaiden one and the game burned, but the game is ninja gaiden one??? when the game loads it says ninja gaiden black,2005, however its really ninja gaiden one, does anyone have this problem or could some one help me out???