Ninja Gaiden Problem?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nooberguy, Feb 27, 2006.

1. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Hi, I've read several tutorials on this site about the files to remove to get this game 2 work. I have the original ISO but after taking out all the j.sfd files japan movie files, and burning evo won't load it. Also tried burning removing, without removing these files. (dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe, and update.xbe)After ripping size is 3.99gb Still won't load.

It's not the media I'm burning on Taiyo Yuden 4X media, And have successfully burned 6 other Xbox ISO's up to this point with that brand. Also tried Ritek 8X DVD-R disc with same result.

P.S. Also tried replacing movie files with dummy 1byte files still nothing can some pros help me out, don't want 2 waste any more TY :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

What did you use to make the ISO? If you use quix or craxtion it'll patch it automaticly so there's no worries about that....also check the region of the game as compared to your setup on your xbox.

3. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

I'm using qwix to make the ISO, and there both NTSC system and game. Does that matter doesn't chipped xbox play any game import or ntsc game. Anything else that I'm missing that you can think of?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Well if the image building process is good [which it sounds like it is] and the image is built right [whaich sounds good too] then it would have to be either the media or the drive.

You have already tried 2 different medias,so I dunno....because you atated that other games on this media works,so the drive isn't dying.

That's why I thought that a setting might have been the problem.

I really don't know,there aren't any errors in the burning process is there?

5. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

No no error at all. The only ting I can see is that on all my games it says ntsc on them and ninja gaiden is the only one that doesnt have that. but the original plays on that drive so I don't know if theres a region problem or not? Anyways I just downloaded ninja gaiden black and gonna burn that 1 later hopefully will work. I just wanted to know this process of removing those files works for everyone but me? Thanks for your help. If any 1 has any ideas please help?

6. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Yeah you were right its the DVD drive. After comparing the transfer rate from other games, Kain Defiance had a 3,000kbs ftp rate. And when I was transfering Ninja Gaiden it acted like it was gonna die when it was reading that disc it took 3 hours to transfer. And thinking know that maybe some files got droped or corrupted. And just now it wouldn't even read my original Suffering game. So it's on the way out. Gonna order a Samsung today. Thanks for help.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'd have to give you the credit here...I just gave you possible problems...you came up with the sollution.

8. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Yes :) I can now confirm that the DVD drive was the problem. Today my Samsung arrived and after, I replaced crappy thompson drive. I transferd the same games that froze on me before, they played flawless now. Thanks for info, the new drive was exactly what me xbox needed :)

P.S. I give Samsung a 99% rating would have been 100% but I though you could play CD-R with Samsung and Evo Says drive doesnt reconize media so that's my only complaint but for the aggrevation you avoid definatly gets my vote for best drive.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I think the older samsungs could read CD-R...mine does and it's from an old 1.0-1.1 machine.

10. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Lucky bastard, just joking, wish mine did. But like I said still happy with the purchase though.