1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jin666, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jin666

jin666 Regular member

Does anyone know if there is a working emulator anywhere to play commercial downloaded games.

Got the Super Mario 64 DS, but scared incase I lose the cartirage. (its so small!)

Anyone know?

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

i remeber reading something bout a DS emulator a while ago. it could emulate GBA games, but not DS (something like that i think).

3. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

it is kinda hard to have a DS emulator because of the touch screen, but there already is a flash disk mod (like the one with gba) that is now available, but it is very expensive at the moment

4. jin666

jin666 Regular member

OK, cheers people!

5. Bird7

Bird7 Regular member

lol a ds emulation a ds game what a waste of time and effortlol ds blows. look at ridge racer, ps2 and ds what would i choose, n64 graphics or ps2 graphics holy shit boi

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Dont Knock the DS unless you actually played some games. Ridge Racer is just a bad game overall, The PSP version is just as bad.

Dont get me wrong, The PSP by far has better graphics, but just because it looks good, it doesnt mean it plays good. The DS has tons of great games that PSP could never emulate because it doesnt have a touch screen. If the game was made right, the touch screen is an awesome technology for this game system. Games Like Meteos, Wario Ware Touched, Zoo Keeper, and Super Mario DS are terrific and with the games coming out later this year, the DS will have a far superior Library. Not to Mention, you can play all of your GBA games with the DS is another bonus. The PSP might look pretty, but games for the DS are more affordable and more fun.

7. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Okay, so your judging the DS by one shitty game? Okay, the PSP blows, I mean look a death jr. what a waste of time. And somebody's trying to emulate the PSP?

8. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

the touch screen will most likely make the DS the number one choice for porting over SIM type games of the PC, i.e Age of Empires, Sim City, WarCraft/StarCraft. if these types of comes start making there way onto the DS, i wouldnt have any reservations in picking one up.

9. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

You ask and You shall receive!

[bold]Age of Empires: The Age of Kings[/bold]
    To be Released Fall of 2005

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Better start saving your money because it will be out soon. Not to mention, DS price has dropped $20 in the US.

10. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

:D

Yay Age Of Empires, probably the only good thing to ever grace the Microsoft name. :p

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I did enjoy AoE a lot. I didnt pick up the game until after it was being sold in the bargin bin for like $10. Once I got it though, I was hooked. Ever since then I have been a huge fan of the RTS games. From what I have heard, Advance Wars DS is supposed to be a RTS game too. I heard some good things about it.

12. djspida5

djspida5 Member

I can't wait till Nintendo gets their online capabilities set up. Gonna be playing Mario Kart DS wi-fi all day.

13. ryan05

ryan05 Guest

nintendo ds is a kiddies console psp better just fase it nintendo players sony and microsoft kick your ass

14. ryan05

ryan05 Guest

mario cart for nerds y dony u play on a discent fps u boring people be coool

15. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

If you believe NDS is a kiddie console, then why arent you playing it? Most adults know how to write coherently and spell simple words like Face (not fase), why (not y), or cool (not coool). grow up!

Im right with you, the only thing that disappointed me is the fact that the DS wont be able to play online anywhere, you will need a client installed on your pc to get to play wifi games. so if your at a starbucks or a library or something with wireless internet, you cant just play the wherever your are, you will need that client to play. Sucks, but Im still going to be playing online whenever I can!

16. bbirdXP

bbirdXP Guest

Wow that info is fake. It states in the nintendo website that all you need as a wireless router and you're good to go. You need the client if you buy the adapter. Just incase you don't have a router at home. So go to a starbucks and start playing!

17. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

If you notice that post I made about the Nintendo Wi-Fi was made in September when the whole Wi-Fi was still be speculated. It has now been a couple months since it has been released and I have to say it is pretty good.

18. jiggygeek

jiggygeek Member

I agree. I went out and bought a wireless router. Had some trouble at BestBuy. None of the salesman knew which router would work with it. I took a chance and bought a Belkin G. Hooked it up. Works great with my DS in any room of the house. I think the games for the DS are good. Metroid Prime Pinball is cool. So is Mario Kart. I considered buying the PSP, but I just can't justify $300 for a handheld. I'd rather spend that much on a full console system like the PS3 coming out next year.

19. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

actually any wireless router would work. The thing about the psp is that it looks cool and the graphics are really good, but the games are awful. The DS, which doesnt look as cool are has as good as graphics as the psp has extremely fun games. Not to mention, the games are a lot cheaper.

20. evlspcmk

evlspcmk Regular member

i really wanna see DIABLO on the DS man that would be sweet, and coz of the touch pad it would be very practicle... come on blizzard u can be making some cash of this, listen to me u bastards.