1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo revolution ? revolution or not?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by johnodd4, May 21, 2005.

1. ffalcon

ffalcon Member

There are going to be more than one or two good games on the Revolution. The Metroid, Zelda, and Mario franchises will all have new titles. Couple that with the fact that Grand Theft Auto and Viewtiful Joe should have new titles for the Revolution (now that GTA is going to have a title for the Gamecube) you've got a good lineup.

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

....like I said " a couple of good games"

I dont look forward to the zelda series, and GTA is good for 30 minutes of excitement, then it gets boring shooting people.

Mario games are good. All I ever played on N64 was mario64 and mario cart.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

....like I said " a couple of good games"

I dont look forward to the zelda series, and GTA is good for 30 minutes of excitement, then it gets boring shooting people.

Mario games are good. All I ever played on N64 was mario64 and mario cart.

4. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

I own every console, and every version of every console since the Atari 2600 to NEO GEO to XBOX, PS2, and NGC. I've just bought the PSP and DS 2 and 3 weeks ago, respectively. I've hacked into both and honestly, neither is like hacking into the XBOX and PS2.

I think the best way of forcasting a systems survival is to look at the money trail. I bought an XBOX to play Metal Slug and because I could mod it to play emulators. I bought a PS2 to play DDR, which I have now just downloaded onto my XBOX. But, I own 70 NGC titles. I admit, most may not be the best games ever made, but since I bought Animal Crossing over a year ago, I have not been able to go one single day without playing it.

So when it comes down to it is, who really gets the money? XBOX? They haven't made a profit from me yet. PS2? They've made very little profit from me. NGC? I guess the thousands of dollars I've spent on NGC stuff doesn't matter much. (sarcastically)

But you "fps" gamers shouldn't count N out. Remember, they have a successful money trail in loyal gamers like me.

5. boltoto

boltoto Member

I think the Revo's conroller will also be the next GameBoy!

6. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

By the way everyone before you disc the controller it is actually VERY AWESOME. You may jump to the conclusion that it has no buttons and you really can't do anything with it but that is really far from the case. So far what they made is a prototype and could be changed. As of now it has 4 buttons aside from the select button, start button, home button, and the d-pad. That might seem bad and it would be if that was it. It has tilt-sensitivity and also works like a light gun so you can point it at the screen in certain spots. It also has a hook up that makes it look like a nunchaku along with a wavebird-ish type of controller it can plug into on top of that. You could play first person shooters (FPSs) with it with the nunchaku hook-up. On the nunchaku it has a analog stick and another trigger. The control stick could be compared to the left analog stick on an xbox controller and the trigger on it compared to the left trigger. Then the actual unit you could use to aim and fire with. The wavebird-ish dock they showed could be more conventional for other gamers. It's almost identical to the wavebird. Think about it, you could have awesome sword games on it where you play as a samurai or even a jedi. If I understand Electronic Gaming Monthly right the main controller also has a sensor so the revolution knows where the controller is in relation to the revolution. If thats true they could port arcade games like mocap boxing, police 911, or that mocap samurai game that came out in Japan. That would be amazing and require no extra equipment! You'd even get a workout! Pretty much when it comes to if this is a a revolution or not it's up the developers. They have the power to make or break this system. The same goes with any system but it's all the more important here. Everyone needs to be open-minded.

7. austin006

austin006 Member

i really think the revolution is going to be better than the ps3 or xbox360. the only real thing new about the xbox or ps3 is the better graphics, really. while the revolution sounds like it's actually trying to be something completely different. and the emulation is just a huge plus.

the only thing i dont understand, is how you'll be able to play the old n64 and nes games and such with the new revo controller.

8. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

*sigh*
    As for the NES games, you can simply turn the "remote controller" sideways and it is almost an exact replica.
    For other games, the controller will be able to slip into a "shell"
    http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  9. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

if you turned the controller sideways, on the d-pad wouldn't up be left, down be right, left be down, and right be up?

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

yeah if you were playing Xbox or something. But when you have a cotnroller that "knows" which way it is facing in relation to the TV it is NOT hard for it to remap the buttons to match the sideways direction. duh!!

11. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

yeah tim. Come on, I thought you knew about the contoller. ???
    ??
    wtf man?

12. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

lol sorry dude...

wow that never hit me, but yea its true. there are so many amazing possilities with the controller. i wonder what theyll think of next?

13. chimpanel

chimpanel Regular member

Man I hate the way every one say's the only difference is graphics, they are totally wrong, but no one corrects them because they say they are open minded but are really biased toward nintendo. If I said that about nintendo's controler being the only difference every1 would jump down my throat. Listen, the 360 is going to have (and im'e 99.9% sure of this) better internet capabilities than the rev, thats a big deal considering the popularity of internet games like world of warcraft and counter strike which i have both played and loved. Y will it have better net capabilities? simply because microsoft concentrated on the net functions and... it's microsoft! of all companies they should know how to produce a wicked net experience on their console. Right second point you can download and play classic and new arcade games like geometry wars on 360, which i couldn't download of the net but I could download nearly every nintendo game off the internet ... for free aswell. Next the ps3 has the eye toy camera evey1 seems to ignore that, I had the original eye toy and thought it was guna be shit but it actually worked suprisingly well, Did u see ps3's demonstration of the guy moving the cups on screen via the camera? How's that for innovation, just think of the games u could create with that, in fact the possibilities are even more varied than that of the rev's controler but no 1 seems to point that out.

So no the difference isn't just graphics, yes they have better graphics which can only be another plus but u can't say thats the only plus.

14. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

yeah... well see how far that goes with the PS3...

The last I heard about eyetoy speculation for the PS3 was in 2003.

15. chimpanel

chimpanel Regular member

16. themind

themind Member

If first party clasic games will be free for download then dont you think that nintendo, to save server space/lag, would just pre package it with the rev.? I know NES carts are 100kb to 300kb but the N64 there 16mb to 128mb. Also, looks like nintendo has found a good way to sell memery cards.

17. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Damn that thing is almost 2 hours...

Thanks for the link though

18. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

i would be so thrilled if nintedo could make some great 1st party fps and rpgs that is what they really need especially with that controller or how about mario running on the unreal engine

19. austin006

austin006 Member

ohhh, i see that now. but then if you're holding it sideways, won't your hand be covering the wireless sensor at the top? which will now be the left side? ahhh whatever. i'm sure nintendo'll have it working right.

20. austin006

austin006 Member

so what else is new about the xbox360 or ps3 besides graphics and/or processing power? all i've ever seen about either of them has been the 'all-important' specs.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005