1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no layer break - way to make coasters?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Izzy9, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

I have made back-up copies of a few of my DVD movies with DVDShrink and Joboshare DVD Copy. When I mount the images with Daemon Tools, they work flawlessly, but I haven't tried to make actual copies of the discs. As a matter of fact, I don't even have any dual layer blank discs at the moment. Anyway, I just installed ImgBurn and it says they are not proper images for burning onto DL discs, there's no layer breaks. If I just burn them, I'm making coasters that are not playable on a standalone DVD player, right?

Sooo.... if I mount such an image with Daemon Tools, then use the 'build'-mode in ImgBurn and use the VIDEO_TS folder from my virtual drive as the source, I can make an ISO that does have a layer break. I tried that. I guess my question is, would it be a way to make an image that can be used for burning, or should I rip the original DVD again with some better software? And if so, what program would be the best?

2. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Okay, I've been doing some reading on the subject... Would this be a good solution: Making an iso file from the original retail DVD with DVDDecrypter (ISO - Read - mode) and then, if I want to burn it onto a disc, doing it with ImgBurn?

I tried to make an ISO using DVDDEcrypter from one of the DVDs that DVDShrink phucked up. ImgBurn says it has a layer break and it plays ok on VLC. So, does that mean it's good for burning onto a DVD+R DL Disc?

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Best to start over and use ImgBurn create the ISO from the priginal disc and let ImgBurn write the DVD DL. IMGBurn free at imgBurn.com. It's the new DVDDecrypter without DRM remover. Also buy Verbatim+R DL blanks 2.4X MISingapore if possible.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010