No mic.......

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Asscer, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Asscer

Asscer Member

Hey everybody, I really need help, I've windows xp, and my microphone doesn't work. I check my volume control and check all the thing one the list the microphone is on the list but it's not clickable( I can't click on it) It's not mute either something is wrong but I don't know what, somebody please help me. Thank you very much.

2. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

did you check if your sound card drivers are installed correctly?? when using WIN XP, go to start->control pannel->system*->hardware tab-> device manager. If you see a yellow exclamation mark beside any of the icons, something is installed wrong. If your sound card it one of them, double click it and then go to the driver tab. click "update driver" and insert the driver cd that came with your computer. (If you cant find it, go to the sound card manufacturer's website and download their drivers**) when the wizard comes up...choose "install from a specific location." If you have the drivers on a cd or floppy...put it in and then check "search removable media" if not, then check "include this location in search" and direct it to where the downloaded drivers are. It will eventually find the INI file and install it for you.

*if you are in windows' default view, select "preformance and maintenance" and then system.

**Sometimes, the downloaded driver will come as a zipped or executable file (.zip or .exe) In that case, use the built in windows unzipping utility to unzip the files to where ever you wish, but make note of this location, because you need to direct the wizard to go to this folder, not the zipped file. If it is an executable (.exe) , run it, and the software will usually install it for you.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Does your soundcard show up under the Sound settings (i had an Audigy do that to me... playback but no input)