I've read through the pages and pages of post about which method is best and what to avoid and mysterious laser failure and locked up systems. Man was it confusing......but not nearly confusing enough! I thought that I'd contribute to the general confusion. I got my PS2 sensors to show closed using just a soda straw and a pair of scissors. I stated to do the straw mod that I had seen posted at various sites and I got very frustrated because of the difficulty in getting the hinge sensor to stay pushed in. No matter what I tried switching the boot disk out and putting the backup seemed to jiggle the system just enough to screw that switch up. Boy did that get old. Drastic measures were called for!! I opened it up by pulling the 6 screws and prying the case open as the first page of this thread stated. I decided that I wasn't going to try to peel off the warranty sticker so I just used it as a hinge for the top and bottom and it came through unscathed, uncut and unwith no void printed on it. Once I had it open I simply cut a piece of straw long enough to sit across the switch and be held in place by the screw tower (plastic tower that the screw goes into) and the little edge of metal to the right of the switch. It took a couple of tries to find the right length but once it is right it is easy. You have to push the left edge of the straw under the chasis to the left of the switch and lay it across the screw hole where the tower meets the base. Place the straw across the switch then push the right hand side of the straw under the little metal lip to the right of the switch. The straw will be held in place by the screw tower once we close the case and will not slip. I never bothered to re-install this particular screw but I did put the little cover back over the hole in the bottom of the case. For the front switch I simply cut a short piece of straw and cut it so I had a tube of plastic which was slit down the side. I set it over the top of the switch like you put a saddle over the top of a fence. and the top of the case is holding it closed when the case is snapped back closed. For the disc brake I cut another piece of straw and folded it in on itself so it was a thinner tube and put it in the hole to keep the brake out of the way. Of couse you don't have to do anything to the brake to make the swap disc work so I'm not really sure why this is even an issue. All these mods took less than 5 minutes and they have been working for over a week now with no trouble. I can play games with the top open (for no apparent reason) but even better I can swap the disc without resorting to glue, tape, naked monkeys, or the little guy who turns off the refrigerator light eveytime I close the door. Remember there are just 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary and those that don't.