1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NOOB] HD LOADER WITH BACKUPS

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by obi-wan79, Aug 30, 2005.

1. obi-wan79

obi-wan79 Member

hey
    just a quick question about using hd loader
    is it possible to use hd loader or hd advance inconjuction with swap magic to get a backup onto a hard drive on the ps2

basically my ps2 can read backups and my question was can hd loader put the backup cdr or dvdr onto the hard drive in any way possible

sorry if this question has been asked before
    please could someone point me in the right direction

many thanksssss

2. jashsu

jashsu Regular member

The original HD Loader won't read backups (not that it matters since it sold out ages ago). HD Advance can read backups. Not sure about HD Loader patched ELF, but I think it can read backups as well.

3. obi-wan79

obi-wan79 Member

thanks alot jashsu

4. obi-wan79

obi-wan79 Member

hey
    i managed to copy gta3 vice city on my hard drive fine but i wanted to to copy my legal backups that i own, i was wondering how could i do that, i have swap magic and slide cards

please could someone guide me through this
    it is only a small process

thanks

5. byngo

byngo Regular member

When you fire up your PS2 with HD advance you get a splash screen menu. Select convert.
    It will say insert disc.
    Use the slide tool from Swap magic to open the disc tray (to use the tool you will need to have removed the trays front cover with the PS2 logo on it)
    Remove HD loader disc, insert back up, close tray with fingers, use slide tool, press x.

Thats it.
    Note HD advance comes with a disc for CD and a disc for DVD. use the right one for the right game format.

6. jashsu

jashsu Regular member

However you copied your backups should be fine with your originals. Either WinHIIP, or HDA original disc, or whatever. I can't be sure since I don't use Swap Magic but I think once you have HD Advance (original pressed disc) booted up you don't need to use Swap Magic to put your disc in. Definitely not required if your disc is an original.