1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Question How do you know if your wii is PAL or NTSC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by x2mav4x, Jan 7, 2008.

1. x2mav4x

x2mav4x Member

Topic sorry im about to get my Wii chipped and i wanna know how i know what kind my Wii is so i can start reading things about the Backup games and other Things Thanks.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Where are you from? If you are in Europe then it is PAL most likely. Sure way is to go to the Wii Settings and it'll say either X.XE/X.XU/X.XJ replaceing X.X with the firmware.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

NTSC and PAL are TV standards. They represent certain specs like frame rate and screen size for different parts of the world. So if you live in Europe then the TV's there can usually only display PAL so all of the peripheral that you bought in Europe would be PAL. It's the same for NTSC. If you live in the U.S. then all the TV's here display NTSC standard so anything you buy that plugs into a TV (for example, your wii) in the states would be NTSC.

So like NDarkness said, it all depends on where you bought your wii. Also like he said, just go to the settings menu and look at the firmware of the system. If it is followed by and E then you have a European Wii and it will be PAL.

E = Europe (PAL)
    U = USA (NTSC)
    J = Japan (usually PAL but there such a thing as NTSC-J)

4. x2mav4x

x2mav4x Member

Oh Thanks Uhm so im guessing i should only be searching for NTSC Wii Isos since i bought my Wii in California and im assuming i have a NTSC Wii..i am wondering when i go into forums i mostly Hear about PAL is PAL like popular

5. wallance

wallance Member

The box will be written made in america or something if it's a US wii. Language will be Japanese if console is JAP wii. Not sure abt PAL coz i havent seen any of it b4
    N usually modded chip Wii allow u to test the console itself. When u go into the menu setting. Check the top rite of the screen. U will notice that's a firmware code there. X.Xu means US console. example 3.1u. JAP console will be 3.1j. Then PAL will be 3.1e