norton recycle bin not responding at properties

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by m4a1, Jun 28, 2004.

1. m4a1

m4a1 Member

since i have norton antivirus 2004 prof for comp it makes some property settings to my recycle bin. When i go to the properties, enable protection of files and try to apply the changes the recycle bin properties does not respond so i have to end the process. Also when i scan for viruses they detect them but cant delete or fix them.they turn out to be ad-aware. i the program ad-aware after and im not sure if it removed them. any suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  2. PDexter

PDexter Member

Try using spybot search and destroy to remove any spyware that you have on your machine. It pretty much removes 100% of all spyware, and is free. Just a thought, if you have large drives that contain a lot of data, that could explain why it is taking so long to enable the file protection from this option. Did you allow Norton to quarantine the files after it detected them? If it can't delete the stuff, it is good to at least quarantine the file in question.

3. m4a1

m4a1 Member

when it detects the adaware it says delete or exclude thats all. i try delete and it says delete failed. by the way are you talking about spybot- search and destroy 1.3?
    if i get that will i still have a use for ad-aware or will spybot(free download version) cover all of the things as well as ad-aware?

4. PDexter

PDexter Member

You can use both and it won't hurt anything. I personally only use spybot, and it keeps all the spyware off my pc. Make sure that you keep spybot updated on a regular basis to keep it on the up and up.

5. PDexter

PDexter Member

You can use both and it won't hurt anything. I personally only use spybot, and it keeps all the spyware off my pc. Make sure that you keep spybot updated on a regular basis to keep it on the up and up.