1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Good News for 360 buyers

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jojo29201, Sep 9, 2005.

1. jojo29201

jojo29201 Member

2. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Yay, modders will burn in hell!

3. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

It is impossible to make something "impossible" to hack, itll never work. They can try all they like, but in order for something to be impossible to hack the software/hardware need to be flawless, and its far from that.

In average software there are about 5 to 50 bugs per every 1000 lines of code. And to give you a good idea of what that means there are about 4 Million lines of code in windows XP, WOW eh.

In most cases thats what hacking/cracking is; taking advantage of flaws/bugs in hardware/software.

Bottom line is, Where theres a will theres a way. The X360 is Modable.

4. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

If you actually put yor glasses on people, he even admits that it will be broken.

That's sad when they admit it. The community hacking it will be so large this time too.

When you think about it, security is the only reason that Microsoft would be dumb enough to use powerpc and custom architectures. You try running x86 like all the devs are used to programming it will run at 50% and that thing.

Security screws us out of everything and will be the reson why devs won't be pushing the first set of games to either console's potential.

5. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Maybe in about 10 years it ill be possible to correct those flaws, and then all the modders will burn in hell! To me, modders are people that spend some money to mod there Xbox because they lack in skill and confidence and are pathetic.

6. HipN

HipN Regular member

Pathetic? I think not. They have a lot of skills when it comes to cracking soemthing. I bet you that if I were to ask you to make a chip and write a code for the PS2, you probably wouldn't be able to do it even in 3years. And why do you want modders to burn in hell so much? Would you rather spend like $80 on a game and break it and having to spend another $80? or buy a chip and backup all your games so you don't have to spends so much, money on such a little thing.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  7. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Well, HipN

you do have an excellent point, and a commend you on it, but you see some modders use the mod to cheat in Halo 2 (and I do know about the banhammer thing but there are still modders that get aroung it). Thats why when I play Xbox Live (rarely play it) on Match Making and theres a guy that has a mod, then its just no fun, at all. But if its because a guy broke the game (scratch, damage, etc...) and backup it, i understand , Peace Out!

8. DVD7227

DVD7227 Regular member

It'll be hacked eventually....

9. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

eh, true...

10. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

Unless production and developement of modchips is banned, we'll always be able to mod. The hardware level is where they are focusing, we'll that what a modchip takes care of, security at the hardware level.

Once someone get a chip for PS3, it'll sell like crazy so people can play burned movies in ultra high def.

AACS is our next enemy. It will be on every HD-DVD or Blu-ray player, it won't be like today where your $30 DVD player from walmart is used to play your copies.

AACS is short for Advanced Access Content System. I'l jus tpost this article for you guys in a quote, it's restricted to subcribers so I can't just give you a link.

"Get ready to retire that trusty copy of DVD Decrypter because it will do you no good on the next generation of high-def DVDs. Competing Blu-ray and HD-DVD groups may not be able to agree on a common disc format for the next wave of DVDs yet, but they will both use the AACS (Advanced Access Content System) to lock down content much more securely than the current CSS protection that shareware easily breaks on DVDs. Early AACS specs call for devices that only accept discs with valid “imprimaturs,” data embedded by the AACS group. This imprimatur not only tells the player the disc is legit but uploads a current list of “revoked imprimaturs” so that the player will reject commonly circulated pirated discs."

This is big, modchips are our future, I'm going to notify a mod or something, cause they need to post this as a article on the home page for news.

11. HipN

HipN Regular member

Well what i meant was modders that do modchips and stuff not game hackers and game modders.

12. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

All I know is it's going to suck.

13. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

if it can be built then it can be broken down... It's the way of life.. Just how long will it take to break it down is the question and he is saying that himself. if it takes till the end of the life span or close to it for the 360 to be broken then they did there job if it get's broken within the first 6 months of life then they need to try harder next time they know this

14. rdsfsu

rdsfsu Member

360 will definately be broking within 1 year, where there's a will, there's a way and there will be millions of hackers trying to break 360 as soon as it comes out. It's a fact of life

15. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Think about the fact that no one can yet play an xbox game in their PC, and the xbox has been around for what...4 years maybe?? If they try hard enough, theh might make it unhackable :(

16. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

I sincerely dislike people who chime in about something they know nothing about. This kid is trying to liken hacking Xbox and 360 to play bootlegs, to playing the games on a pc.

Seriously, don't spout, if you don't know what your talking about. Of course Xbox games aren't going to play on a PC without an emulator, and to make a emulator is alot different than getting a personal back-up to boot.

17. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Are you serious? Are you telling me I know nothing about emulators or playing games on the pc? Dude, Im just saying that no one has yet to come up with an emulator, so obviously m$ did something right with their games. If they take enough time on copy protection, it could take years until someone finally hacks a 360. And callign me a kid, who fu**ing cares? Some senior members here are 12 and know more about technology than you could ever know.

18. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

"Think about the fact that no one can yet play an xbox game in their PC, and the xbox has been around for what...4 years maybe?? If they try hard enough, theh might make it unhackable :("

Sorry but this is what you said.
    Not what you try to say that you had said in this post.
    "Im just saying that no one has yet to come up with an emulator, so obviously m$ did something right with their games."

Lol, I doubt anymore than a couple on AD know more about technology than I do. How many stages does a pentium 4 processor cut a task into and then how does this compare to AMD? Why is Intel pushing M so hard? Why is AMD CPU's still not compatible with DDR2? How was Pentium 4 a mistake, and how doesn this relate to M? Is M designed for laptops, or more? What caused Pentium 4 to become a failure in the big picutre? Are AMD CPUs exempt from metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor gate leakage? ok maybe that last one was short 50/50 chance easy one. Explain why then, it'll only take you a sentence....

Can anyone reading this answer these questions off the top of their head with no research or google? Didn't think so. You are lying buddy, you are the only twelve year old that has a big enough hole in his head to even contend with the tech crap I unfortunately have to know, it's called college kid. You might never make it to a state U but the tech college will take you, don't cry...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  19. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

So is this all you do in college? Come to forums and bash people who are just tryin to say their opinion and make a big deal about it. And no, I'm not 12, I'm 15 and trying to learn all I can about sh!t that you're in college for. Why dont you stop finding everything you can in someones post and make them seem like they dont no what the hell they're talking about. I've read alot of your other posts and you do it all the time. No one here appreciates it so loose the attitude.

20. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

these threads always spiral, I didn't do anythning but correct you, just like always with every other person who comes back with a paragraph on how everyone else knows more and that they meant to word it like this.... anyway, I'll be unsubcribed from this thread in about 30 seconds