1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntsc ps2 trying to play pal ps1 game

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by SpeedB, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SpeedB

SpeedB Member

I have an american slim ps2 SCPH-70012 and i have already installed a fliptop and i am using an american swapmagic 3.6 cd rom driver(don't have the dvd driver) to try and play an original copy of a pal ps1 game called Digimon World 2003 everytime i try to play it after installing swapmagic it spins then says its not a valid ps2 game. Do i need the dvd driver even though the the ps1 game is a cd not a dvd?

2. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

I dont think the swapmagic disks boot ps1 games. breaker pro does though also on another note I actually used the swap magic elf with a original ps1 disc as a trigger disc and booted all my ps1 games off a slim ps2 just fine though didn't seem to work on my fat ps2 though..

3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I used to have swap magic, I thought there was a selection for PAL.. I may be remembering wrong.. Usually though you can load the PAl back ups but the screen would be off and grey. Using Ntcs patcher