1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC to PAL PS2 game help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by fayriesakura, Apr 18, 2011.

1. fayriesakura

fayriesakura Member

I bought my little sister a copy of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories in a US store and had it shipped over to Europe. I realised that it's not going to work with our PAL-region playstation, it being an NTSC game, when our Playstation 2 kept prompting for us to insert the disc when we'd already done that.

I browsed around this forum for some information on how to get this fixed. So far, I've discovered that my best bet is to rip the game to an ISO, burn it onto a new DVD and purchase Swap Magic so we can play the game that way. Am I right in making this assumption? I figure it's either this or get a mod chip, but I was hoping someone might shed some light on this, as I'm quite new to the whole modding a PS2 business.

Oh, I'm not sure if it matters, but we have a Silver PS2 (I believe it's called Slimline).

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yes you are correct

You will be able to play NTSC games backed up onto a new DVD, and using Swap Magic

To tell the version of your PS2, just look at the back for the SCPH-xxxxx or Press Triangle when at the PS2 Browser screen.

But Swap Magic will work even on the latest version PS2 SCPH-9000x models. You do however need to purchase the 'Swap Tool V4' as well.

Its pictured here or google it