1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official docTY Taiyo Yuden (2) thread

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by creaky, Jul 27, 2007.

1. guardian4

guardian4 Member

Got my new Lite-On drive a few days back, really happy with the results! Seriously, the Pioneer drive results freaked me out! ;-)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

very nice scan Guardian.do you have smart burn for the litey?

here is a link to it and a few other good programs for the liteon drives.

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=152

you have the latest FW for that drive so your good there.... you might also wanna try cdfreaks and look for the over burn fw for that drive...

3. guardian4

guardian4 Member

I have already had a look at the firmware on CDFreaks. Flashed the drive using the C0deKing firmware with the Enhanced Online Hyper Tuning option. I only burn my discs at 4x or 8x, never higher, that's why i felt that overburn was not required. Am I right about this? Is there any other benefit of using the custom firmware with all enhancements?

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i think it is personal prefference tbh. i have it on all 3 of my litey's only use it on 2 of them..

you have good burners and good media (TY) IMHO you shouldnt have to worry about burning @4x. @8x on them TY's you will get excellent burns. i have even burnt a few 8x+r TY's @12x and gotten 98% quality score.. and the disc is flawless...

with the technology that is out there now i dont see the need to burn slower than 8x(other than personal choice) the drives and media are alot better than even a year ago. so the slow days are long gone...now dont get me wrong i dont think there is a need to burn at max speed or even faster other than testing and playing around... which we all do..

give a few of them TYs a try @10-12x speed burn and see for yourself.you will be suprised at the outcome.

5. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Guys I visited my local OfficeMax store today, they had Verb's dvd r's plus and minuses on sale, 15 bucks for a pack of 50, and no they were not the ones that say made in India, I grabbed 4 packs, actually its all they had.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Fredburn
    were they the old style packaging or the newer stuff with the blue and orange packaging?

i am starting to get low on disc again myself. havent been doing much burning lately tbh,but am getting low... gotta see who has a real good deal on some TY's. pinching pennies right now so i gotta get the good stuff when i can at the right price..lol

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

keep saving Rob; there's not much on which to waste a perfectly good TY.

8. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I don't know if these verb's are the old or new style, they are the blue and pink type packaging, the pink to you might be orange, its more pink than orange to me, but I think we are talking about the same thing.

I have bought these before about a year ago from officemax for the same price, regularly they sell for 35 bucks for a 50 pack, last year I bought eight 50 packs for the $15 price, its been a year since they put it on this sale price again, I have never had a single coaster from last years purchase if that helps any.

I went back again today, they had 6 more, I took all six, I asked the salesman if they will be stocking any more he said this was the last of them, so that makes it a total of 10 packs for me, that should last another year I hope.

9. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Sounds like your stocked up for awhile!!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Was sent this deal on some hub-printable TY's just minutes ago. ;)

link to SMS deal use code: COSTSAVING to get 10% off so the deal is $53.99 delivered for 200 discs and sleeves.

...gm

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

yeah but I don't use -Rs.

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Yeah I don't use -r's either, just started as a preference years ago, since it never gave me any type of problems I just stuck with the +r's

13. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Well since I started with - R that is my preference. However I've had no problems with either + or - R formats. I do burn more - than + though.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I burn both like it's going out of fashion, no problems here :)

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

true true true. i myself was a +r person only. only trying a few -r's here and there. a friend sent me 100 -r printable verbs and they have been awesome!!!!!!! i have about 15 or so of them left. the next batch of disc i buy will be the -r's. preferably some 8x-r Ty's.

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Yes I too Started out as an -R person !!! I tend to prefer The DVD+R's So I can Booktype them With My Liteon's Now & my BenQ 1655 in my previous Computer! Though The whole compatability issue isn't as bad as it once was ? With Newer DVD players Being Able to play nearly anything round with a hole in it short of a Bagle or Doughnut ??? Though The Higher end units sometimes seem to have more problems with Roll your Own ( BURNED ) disc Then the Cheaper ( ahem !!! Less Costly Units !!!) Go figure ? In any case I tend to use DVD+R's For my Movies and -R's for the Grandkids, Family ect ... And Assuming we're talking apples to apples here ( Comparable quality media ) I have'nt really noticed any great diffrence ! Media quality is more of an issue IMHo as long as you stick with quality stuff your gonna GET'R Done Ciao !!!

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

about time you post again ^^

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i know.. ive been busy trying to find a job,plus cutting down the big azz tree in my front yard has taken some time..lol

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member