1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official docTY Taiyo Yuden (2) thread

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by creaky, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive burnt about 20 of these so far. not a bad burn yet.
    and meritline has them again for 42.99 shipped.
    sms has them for 47.99 shipped.
    Meritline 8x-r
    SMS 8x-r

you can get 600 of them from meritline for 129 shipped.thats sweet.i might try and get another 200 real fast before the wife put a freeze on my buying power.. been getting alot of puter stuff lately and not much for her..lmao

edit:
    looks like meritline has the deals right now over SMS.even the +r's are cheaper..not much 2 bucks but that 2 bucks will buy me a beer for whe ni do a burn..lol
    Meritline 8x+r
    SMS 8x+r

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. herrick

herrick Regular member

Man Ty valueline has been good to me...Ive been burning them [for work and friends] for 5yrs now and the only coasters have been operater error... knock on wood LOL

3. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I haven't had any problems with the 8x white inkjet printable TY Valuelines either. In fact they give better test results (in DVDInfopro) than I get with 16x Ritek's.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob and the rest

reread my post J/K I was just messing with you. I've never burned or seen a TY valueline. I have burned many +R TY X8 Sony labeled tho LOL

5. herrick

herrick Regular member

oops...my bad

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@garmoon
    I never know that! Hey you learn something new everyday :)

I too have never burned a Value Line - nothing against them - I just burn the heck out of the premium ones.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Binkie is showing her Columbia MD ambiance, (J/K) I love the value line TY's as well, always been good to me. I'll stock up once in about 9 months with a hundred or so, never had a coaster knock on wood.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

One reason I don't order TYs online is I use +Rs exclusively and they are more expensive than what I get locally on sale in Verbs. I still have about 200 of the Sony TY 8X T02s left. When those run out I guess I'll have to buy some +Rs on line to get TYs since Sony bailed on them at X16.

9. bratcher

bratcher Active member

TY premium line is great stuff however I've found that valueline can be very good too. Burned lots of both & never had a problem with either one.

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@blivetNC
    LOL - yeah it's that working in Howard Cnty - high cost of living area - that's putting me on the upscale side :D.
    Though the Prince George's county girl comes out by buying the cheaper -R - so it's a cross of both worlds :)

Makes sense garmoon - when I would venture to the store to buy media I'd pick up +R but since I mainly buy online anymore it's the cheaper -R for me!

11. dagodan

dagodan Member

been a long time since I posted but hearing you guys talk i had to chime in. been using value line for a very long time with only one coaster. all still perform fine. burned on pioneers,benq and plextor. had more problems with verbs but not much. so far tys have had the most staying power. not bad as I have burned in the thousands. used riteks in the early days with bad results. recently purchased ty watershields for printing. so far so good and the finished product looks great and performs well so far both games and movies. time will tell.

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I've bought 600 a few aeons back and had no problems with them the only coasters being from human Error !!!! They are Great for the price and seem to burn well INMHO !!! For Cincyrob well actually Mrs. CinCyrob Three Letters QVC lol!!! hey if it keeps them happy right ? watch them sales though sometimes you can get the same amount (BULK ) cheaper by buying say 600 disc but as three packs of 200 disc instead of shipped as one box of 600 ! It does'nt happen often but it do happen and as if I need to remind anyone here " FREE SHIPPING !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

13. herrick

herrick Regular member

Im pick'en up ... what your lay'en down... read a brother still has TYs in sony...collector value!! man I did'nt know they could be found...burned mine yrs ago

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@herrick

I bought over a 1000 8X sony +r Ty T02s back everytime they were on sale at Best Buy and Sams, paid about $15/50.

15. herrick

herrick Regular member

send me some...LOL

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@herrick

Sorry, have less than 200 left. They are my "precious."

17. bratcher

bratcher Active member

And when you run out just buy 8x TY's from Meritline or Supermediastore!!

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So im curious. Has anyone else tried the Watershield (TYG03) TY-Rs?
    Not too impressed with them myself. The regular printables are of a better burn quality. In my opinion, Im seeing them as not worth the price they're charging. On average they cost 60-80cents a disc. I find that rather ridiculous!! I recall hearing about the 03 burn quality being not as good as the 02 media over a year ago. Has that STILL not changed. Will it ever change? Are you listening docTY??? Im curious what your opinion is on this :D Ive been burning TY's for over 2 yrs now, and these watershields got me rather baffled!!! Do I have to settle for their less than best burn quality???

19. dagodan

dagodan Member

have used about 100 watershields now with great results. no coasters and great quality of burns. I haven't done any rigorous testing as I am mostly concerned as to what I see on the screen. you can be caught up in the paralysis of analysis very easily. I use them for special collections.they look tremendous and perform well in both movies and games I use tygo2 mostly as I have many more of them. as a luxury a few cents more is acceptable. mostly it is the bread and butter tys the get used the most

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

"you can be caught up in the paralysis of analysis very easily!!!" I like that phrase Dagodan ! with permission I'll use it when needed ? - Well Just wanted to Chime in ! don't let me Keep you from the Dagobah !!! LOL! J/K happy trails buddy !!!