1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official docTY Taiyo Yuden (2) thread

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by creaky, Jul 27, 2007.

1. herrick

herrick Regular member

@aabbccdd

Yes I am interested...what is the differance between the PX-716 and the PX-716a?

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

herrick I'm not selling them just yet but if i do i will let you know

there two models of that series the PX-716A (which i have IDE connection) and the PX-716SA (which is the sata connection) theres NO PX-716 model to clear that up

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  3. herrick

herrick Regular member

Thanks... I want sata, but what the heck thier Plextors so yes let me know please... thats if it come to it...

4. bratcher

bratcher Active member

716-a for sale? I'm interested!!

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@ all,

You people are a BADDDDD influence! Especially you greensman! :D

All your talk about burners caught me in a weak moment and the next thing I know I've ordered a new Lite-On LH-20A1S! Since the computer I was thinking about putting it into doesn't have a SATA connection, I also order a SATA2 card, plus SATA power adapters. And to make sure I can keep the new burner fed, I ordered a SATA2 hard drive too!

Come on Newegg! Where's my package!!!!!!!

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oh YEH!!! It's me.. :p I put the GUNN to your head. LOL. I don't think you will be disappointed with the SATA optical drive or HDD. :D I'm ready to see some scans. :)

btw I'm thinking about buying one of the NEW Sony NEC Optiarc DVD SATA drives. They're on sale for $33.99 delivered. :D I'll let you know if I pull the trigger on that one. hehehe.

...gm

OK back on topic people....... :p Where's the good deals on TY media?? I don't think there will be a "deal" on DL TY's for a while. lol.

7. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah thats the best deal in a while probably work out to 48.00 shipped.

guess i won't be able to do any scans when i get my new PX-810SA unless they have changed and support the nero quality scans, we will see

9. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

aabbccdd and hobbitt
    you guys are not worried about possible higher than normal failure rate on the Value line of ty?
    edit i just ordered 100 verb from newegg. i was going to order the ty first but did not.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  10. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Welcome to the thread born2ride,

Greensman asked if there were any good deals on TYs out there and I supplied the link (which you had posted in another thread, thanks BTW) to the value-line TYs. No where did I say that I use them, and I haven't, that I remember. I have purchased a 100 ct roll of TYs but I don't think they were value-line (if they were, they were great!).

I think greensman, and others in this thread, have used the value-line in the past so hopefully he will toss his money on the table and supply us with his experience (I'm curious too).

11. herrick

herrick Regular member

The value line in my opnnion [which is not much] is good stuff, they send you either TYGO2s or TYGO3s latley Ive gotten more TYG03s and I burned over a 1000 + w/ very little costers and useaully its my bad cuase Ill be messen about...

12. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

thanks hobbit
    i was going to post it here but did not. i think will order them on Monday .the review i read were mixed.

herrick say there good and has 1000 burn with little problem
    what does TYGO2s or TYGO3 code out too.
    first class media?

13. herrick

herrick Regular member

TYG03=16x
    TYG02=8x

14. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

herrick
    i can assume it first class media still even though its value line?

15. herrick

herrick Regular member

Doc TY and JoeRyan can break it down in terms I cannot, but it is media that just does not meet TY high standards...there right below- Value line in my opinion is better then 2nd tier media...As for a positive answer to is it 1st or 2nd tier media I am not sure to be honest...[because Im at work] but ive burned with plenty of 2 tier and years later depending the mfg. it has been proven to me value line is better, in my early days being cheap has cost me because the dye is not as good as 1st tier.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  16. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Thanks for the information, I think I'll give them a try.

17. herrick

herrick Regular member

youll be very pleased...you just cant go wrong w/ TY- let me know what you think.

18. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Thanks from me too herrick!

I agree that a sub-standard disc from TY that is still being marketed with TY's name on it is most probably better than most tier 2 media.

Since I have my handy-dandy list at my grubby fingertips this means they are most probably better than RicohJPN, Prodisc, Daxon and Ritek among others. With that I can heartily agree. Haven't used the Prodisc but I have had a batch of Daxon (BenQ label) and they sucked big-time. Ritek & RicohJPN were so-so in my experience. My Sony burner pretty much hated everything, my BenQ and my Lite-Ons didn't particularyly like 8x media so if the Value Line is mor of the 03s I might have to give them a shot.

Have you ever seen any value line printables?

19. herrick

herrick Regular member

"Have you ever seen any value line printables?"

No I have not...I have 3 Benqs 1655s and they love all TY media, as a matter of fact Ive been tryen to use my 8x before all my 16x, might want to check firmware...Im not sure what I have because Im at work right now...

20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Makes sense about not seeing printable value lines, TY probably runs the discs past the qc check before placing the printable layer on.

I've also got a 1655, f/w BCIB. It loves the 16x media but was picky on the 8x. Swapped it out of my main 'puter and put it in my backup when it started having issues with DLs (Riteks). Thought it was dying and replaced it with a Lite-On. Found out afterwards it was the Riteks, they had been burning ok but all of a sudden took a nose-dive in quality, especially at the layer break. Haven't moved it back.