1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official docTY Taiyo Yuden thread

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kivory666, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

walmart also price matches.

and too bad for me, gas is a problem too. the only places i really shop are staples and walmart. since everywhere else (except kmart.) is at least 1.5 hrs away.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

That really stinks Sickley. NOT to brag but in my small little town we have on the way back to the house from my oldest's school Office Max, Circuit City, Staples, CompUSA, and a couple of other little stores like WalGreens and Hastings. Now if I want to go out of my way. LOL. I can travel about 1.5 miles and get to Office Depot, Best Buy, K-Mart and 4 WalMarts at my disposal. :p

Nice to live in a small town with all the amenities. :D

....gm

btw has anyone found some TY treasure at the other stores?? Thinking about an early evening road trip. ;)

3. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

its quite funny actually. well over 10 walmarts, 2 bestbuys, 2 circuit citys, 3 targets, 2 office depots, 2 kmarts, 4 staples, 3 sams clubs - all within 2 hrs drive. sadly most are not close enough to warant a drive for one purchase. and there is/was a compusa in about 1.5 hrs but i think they are all closing down right?

4. herrick

herrick Regular member

Man- a whole bunch of hillbillies....LOL,LOL, [sorry could not help myself]

5. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Sony CDR Audio discs are TY at the moment too. Saw ome at Walgreans & picked up a 30 pack. 53 cents per disc. Expensive but hey I only use CD's for audio anyway.....

6. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

no seriously herrick. there's too many rednecks and whitetrash. walmarts all over because of it. and they're planning on building more in my area.... OMG! LOLOL!

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

herrick you be nice!!

btw THAT group of people drive me over the edge. :p

May not have been clear enough, everything that I mentioned was 1.5 miles or about 5-10 minutes away under normal driving conditions and circumstances. :D Like it really matters. :p

...gm

btw herrick you find anything as far as Sony MIJ 8X?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  8. herrick

herrick Regular member

Ended up w/ two...thanks bro- its been really hard the last year to find MIJ around here in the Tacoma WASH. area... I shall try and hold back my twisted mind...but in reality...in my many adventures and poor choices, Ive lived in many different places [caged and uncaged]- LOL,LOL, it took years to slow down- but life is good now!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  9. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

hello guys,
    i just wanted to report back to you guys about those tyg03's. they are pretty good. scan in low to mid 90's and low errors. its better then expected. thank you guys for the recommendations.

10. herrick

herrick Regular member

You'll be pleased...Can't go wrong w/ TY...I love them- I have not burned any at 12x yet BUT love burning at 8x...in the long run it saves much time [Ive been at it sense 0800 am today]

11. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

yeah...i can remember burning at 2x and 4x. those days are thankfully gone. oh how i love 16x but 8x is pretty good too.

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Yes 16x is great if your a speed freak wanting to get a disc burned really quick & yes I've burned a disc at 16x at one time or another simply because I forgot to set the speed in Nero 7 to 8x. No harm done. Burned lots of 8x discs too however right now (as I've said before) I'm burning those nice Verbatim white inkjet printable 4x speed discs while they last. Don't mind waiting 10 to 15 minutes to burn a DVD & the discs are great quality. When the supply of 4x runs out I'll buy some 8x TY until thats gone then burn 16x also TY.

13. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

the 4x media is long gone from the market

the 8x media will be gone soon

14. Yujenh

Yujenh Regular member

@bratcher
    those verbatim printables are really rare and they are awesome especially the +r. i think they might be better then the ty-r printables. i got a back of 50 because friend gave me wrong one.
    i think sams club have best price on those.

15. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

careful buying verbs instore. they aren't always verbs!

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@sickley
    Which verbs are you talking about?
    So far buying Verbs under the Verbatim name in-store has been the real deal.

17. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

i have'nt bought verb's in a long while. im not sure if i have any laying around still. they weren't printables i know that much. anyway they weren't cmc or princo so its not too much to worry about. if i find them ill let you guys know of course

18. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

actually NOW i remember!! they were straight up fakes. they didn't acctually say mitsubishi anywhere on the packaging, i had bought them before i actually knew anything about media.

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ah but now I remember something different - 'back in the day' CMC used to make Verbatim DVD's - maybe just the pearl white ones.

Though CMC still makes Verb cd's.

20. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

i suspected as much but i never was unlucky enough to get any verb's that code out as cmcs :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.