1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official docTY Taiyo Yuden thread

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kivory666, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herrick

herrick Regular member

Hmmm...ifs its good and its 3-4 hrs I dont mind DL...I do everything on the fly...set it and forget is my moto...thats just me though.

2. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

@hobbit112
    those things look yummy, i want some now

although i do use dl's on a rare occasion it's usually only for tv shows. if i want to preserve a long movie i just rip it with dvd shrink and pass it through shrink a bunch of times to recompress the menu and the special features and make more room for the movie, time consuming but it saves ya some $'s

3. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@Sickley
    I'd love to get my hands on about 5 of 'em just to test them out an see how they compare to the verbs. The hub printable would be a deffinite plus. Shoot, the Verb 8.5 printables are $2.40 ea.

4. Playr

Playr Regular member

The real McCoy, not that there was ever any doubt. So I go over to my local Sears and get a few MIJ Sony 8x DVD+R cakeboxes and go over to the register and ask the kid if they PM? He ask to see the ad and I show him the BB ad where they're $12.99/50 pcs. He says yes and so I end up paying $12.09 each. I get home and they code out as YudenT002s. Cool!

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

NICE!!!! find there playr!!!! Wish I could find deals like that. I just bought some of the DVD-R's but I do prefer the DVD+R format. :D

...gm

TaiyoYuden DVD-R DL discs huh?? docTY might have to respond to that. hehehe. You can email me docTY and I will copy and paste if you want too. :p

6. Playr

Playr Regular member

Thanks, don't you have a Sears or a Kmart near your house? Sears had lots of the MIJ DVD+Rs but only a few -Rs. As a matter of fact, all they had were MIJ DVDs. Maybe old stock as MIJ Sonys are all 8x where all other stores mostly carry the 16x.

7. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Hey guys, I'm looking for some good LightScribe media preferrably Verbatim and I'd like to order them online.

Where can I find genuine Verbatim DVD-R media made in Taiwan at? Or is there a better media than this?

I love using SMS and I buy all my regular media from there. However I have never shopped online for Lightscribe media before. I am hesistant because I cannot check the labels online to see where they were manufactured.

Any tips?

8. herrick

herrick Regular member

Stay w/ SMS...I have three LS and although I dont use the disks like I used to...I get them at SMS- using the Verbs also make a differece in the contrast...even if you have down loaded the contrast utility from LS.

9. Playr

Playr Regular member

Not sure why we're discussing Verbatim DVDs in a TY thread? Mossfan had previously created a separate Verb LS thread that Creaky has now closed in favor of the above post.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I'll have to try out my new YUDENT002s once I get home and see how they score.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you're quite right, though Verb discussion usually goes hand in hand with TY discussion anyway. But we only need questions in one place so this is as good as any.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  11. Playr

Playr Regular member

Ok, good enough.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

glad you approve

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Nice score Playr. Jealous.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

I replied and for some reason it didn't show up. Maybe I hit the wrong key. :)

....gm

Let's see what happens with this post. Crazy server stuff I guess. :S

15. Playr

Playr Regular member

gm,

so what were you replying to?

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

I replied about the discs at Sears. I guess I hit the wrong key or the dang thing went into cyber-neverland. :p

I said that Sears didn't have any, only the MIT Sony's. And that K-Mart doesn't price match. I've tried that several times with different sales people and NO GO.

Sorry I guess I did hit the wrong key. Sometimes the kiddies just get to me. :p My kiddies that is. LOL.

....gm

17. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

i see no problem with talking about verbs on this thread. i dont think anyone here would say that they are bad, in fact there are some on this thread that prefer them. :)

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i agree with ya playr. i would say i prefer them over the TY's but i just havent burnt enough TYs. and the verbs ive burnt i cant beat. ya gotta go with what works for you... but i do know those damn TY's just look to damn good to brun..lol the genuine TY's that is the shiney silver ones...

no i dont know what those ULTRA SEXY VERB TY's that creaky and the boys get, sure would like too....lmao

hint hint ;)~

plus im sure docTY would not mind use talking verbs in here anyway..

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

You can forget creaky or any of the boys in the UK sending you some SEXY discs!! Well you could pay about $.50 per disc for shipping I guess. :p

I know for a fact that docTY wouldn't mind that we're talking about Verbs. They are on his "preferred" discs to use list. :) Plus Mort81 loves them and if Mort81 loves them then there you have it. hehehe. j/k Morty. :) No really they're great media and I don't think we need to start a Verb thread cause this thread covers them already. ;)

....gm

20. Playr

Playr Regular member

Oh no I didn't say I didn't like the verbs. In fact the majority of my blank media is verbatim. It just struck me as strange that we were discussing verbs in a TY thread when there already was a perfectly good thread already asking the same question. That's all.

gm, so not MIJ Sonys are your Sears. Bummer. I guess I should go grab the last remaining cakeboxes because I think once they're gone, they're gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.