1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Halo 3 Chat

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Nephilim, Sep 29, 2005.

1. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Agreed Donavin! Stats mean nothing in war! Skill can only truly be measured by an actual match, and remember....everyone gets lucky every now and then. I could never get past like level 12 during my year of Halo 2 way back when, and I could still go toe to toe with level 30's and get schooled occasionally by level 5's. There are too many variables that determine your skill with XBL. Just cause you can dodge a few shots and get lucky with the occasional "oops i didn't mean to throw that frag but what the hell it got me a triple kill" or the ever rampant "hey those five guys have no shields, let me jump in and rape the guys who really did all the work for me" doesn't mean you should get a level boost!

2. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

Alright seeing as everyone agrees with me, this shouldnt be a problem and like i said my rank is almost garbage in a way, im a major and level 30 but since i lagged out of sooooo many games cause of my crappy connection i only get 1 third the normal experience.

3. Gudzon

Gudzon Member

Hi. I just read professional and user Halo 3 reviews from TestFreaks and come here to quote one of them:

For all my Halo love though, the game is not perfect. The story mode is a scant 10 hours — a small scope for an "epic" game. The new online co-op mode suffers from lag every now and again. Rarely is it enough to kill your buzz, but it happens enough. Custom game types cannot be introduced if your group of friends are in social matchmaking. It doesn’t even have to be player created gametypes but what about the ones Bungie have marked as favorites?

I do not agree with every word here! Who agree with me?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. Gudzon

Gudzon Member

Hi. I just read professional and user Xbox 360 "halo 3" reviews from TestFreaks ( http://www.testfreaks.com/xbox360-games/halo-3/ ) and come here to quote one of them:

For all my Halo love though, the game is not perfect. The story mode is a scant 10 hours — a small scope for an "epic" game. The new online co-op mode suffers from lag every now and again. Rarely is it enough to kill your buzz, but it happens enough. Custom game types cannot be introduced if your group of friends are in social matchmaking. It doesn’t even have to be player created gametypes but what about the ones Bungie have marked as favorites?

I do not agree with every word here! Who agree with me?

5. Gudzon

Gudzon Member

modarators, please remove my first msg please. it was with the wrong hyperlink. thank you

6. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

Yeah, hes lost his nut alright, Halo 3 is absolutly the best game out now, No other game is better, yes i have played call of duty, yes ive played gears, but halo is just so much better, customizable chars, more weapons, driving, halo beats all hands down.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Gudzon,

I removed the link but in the future you can use the edit function to do it yourself - it's the one of the small icons at the top right of each and every one of yours posts ;)

8. lancer05

lancer05 Member

Whats Up Guys,

Do you know what the trick is to leveling up? My skill level has been stuck at 39(Team Slayer,lone wolves,and team doubles) and i just need to get to 40 to become a colonel. I have enough exp to be a grade 2 colonel already. The problem is, whenever I play and I win, my rank stays the same, but once i lose it'll go down. This has been going on for a while now and its pissing me off so bad. PLZ anyone help me get past these 2 stars.

9. Jr24

Jr24 Regular member

bungie got smart and doesnt just level u up by wins. wins are ur experience u are gaining but ur rank is different. they judge u on a variety of different things like kill to death ratios who u killed most and who killed u most. and wat weapons were used bc they know skill is much more then just wins. that is why it may seem difficult to rank up.

So all those stats bungie has on every player are not just for ur pleasure lol. They have those stats bc they use them too in their very complex ranking system. of course it will always have flaws tho.

10. pyroseal

pyroseal Guest

i got halo3

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

pyroseal,

take that scam link out of your sig immediately then read the forum rules you agreed to.

12. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

I know this is completely off topic to halo, but seriously whos gonna believe the who free xbox 360 crap?!

13. Jr24

Jr24 Regular member

nothing is ever free. ever. except breathing =P

14. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

Donavin correct me if I'm wrong but arent you asking people to sign up for lack of a better term "spam" sites to help you get a "free 360"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  15. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

Now when did i say that?

16. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

you had a link to that but lets not stray to far off topic

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  17. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

Dont see it nor do i recall it...but yes lets not get off topic again, now a question is when and how many more new maps will bungie crank out?

18. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

My my my, the chatter around here sure has lost its steam. I remember that after Halo 2 came out, this thread was receiving posts by the second. Im glad to see that several old members like me, have leveled up here, I still miss the good old days though. Hell, may be I should try to spark up something new, do you guys think there is an actual prequel trilogy to Halo in the works? if so what do you think it would be like playing as a forrunner, or even better, playing as the superior race that rivals the forrunners known as the Precursors.

Peace out!

19. Donavin

Donavin Regular member

Okay no mean to be rude, or whatever, but for all others, we need to discuss this topic which is "WHO are the forerunners"? I got the answer.....first off who inherited the forerunners most valuable technology?......HUMANS, so Humans are the descendants of the Forunners

20. mub6

mub6 Regular member

shit this game looks good,
    dont tell me i have to start all the way from part one to understand whats going on?