1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by solargame, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solargame

solargame Regular member

well, lets get the debate on to see which system every one should get before they come out.

2. DuskHrZ

DuskHrZ Member

I'll get all 3, I've always been a Nintendo fanboy so I'll get the Revolution without a doubt, I'll have to get the XBOX360 for HALO3 and the PS3 for MGS4, Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry.

We should be thankful we have a war because if one company was dominating they'd be able to charge as much as they want, whereas competition forces each corporation to cut prices.

3. Strazza

Strazza Guest

i think the ps3 will be the better console but way too expensive. gonna have to stick with microsoft i think.
    ps. wats with the ps3 controlers???

4. Hajduk

Hajduk Member

I really like the XBOX controller opposed to the PS# controller. However, Nintendo supposedly has something new and great.

5. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

i will get the revolution first and the the ps3. i'm not playing into the hype that xbox360 is 15 times powerful and ps3 is a whooping 35 times powerful, and nintendo 3 times the power. look they all will push out the graphics we want to see. i just want to know how much they will be, i see the ps3 is 465 dollars but sony hasn't said anything yet.

6. manufan

manufan Regular member

I will probably get the xbox360 as soon as it comes out and then the ps3 but i also want the revolution. Its a shame all these different companies have excellent games for only there console, in an ideal world they would all have the same and we wouldnt have to buy all of them its gonna cost me a fortune!!

7. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I havent seen the revolution but i think that the ps3 is gonna be better than the XBOX360. Im sure many agree w/ me...

8. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

i'm getting a ps3 for sure for it's 3 party support along with a great variety of games. revolution...i'll wait maybe 2 years cos i know how slow good games come out for nintendo. as for 360.it'a a tough call. their system is ideal for FPS games.but hell i can play those on my pc.

9. Zinn

Zinn Guest

DAMN...thats deep. Ya'll need a serious talking to. Alright where should I start, the upside. The nintendo Revolution will allow to play all of the past nintendo games and u can download them. Games such as Street Fighter, the original mario bros., the legend of zelda, etc. And, the NR is suspose to have a hell of a controller. It comes in colors red, black, lime green, white, and silver.The price is unknown. The Xbox 360 is coming out this holiday season for $300. U can change the top color of your Xbox buy customizing it, and it will have the biggest set of games to come out when it launches. You can also download movies, songs, etc. onto the 360. The 360 come with free Xbox live called Xbox live silver for u hardcore online gamers. The Playstion 3 will be reverse compatable with PS2 and PS games. No only that but the PS3 is known to have some super material....BULL-FUCKIN'-SHIT!!! The PS3 really have the same material as the Xbox but will come out in spring 2006 for $600. It's said that the PS3 will have better graphics. I doubt after seeing Gears of War for the 360, but what's one game right?

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

No contest PS3 of course,nintendo is too slow with making games and xbox are too into themselves.PS3 will dominate with the selection of games I think just going by the statistics so far with the current consoles.Xbox is alright,but they make an original game every year or so not noticed to be honest(Halo is what they pride themselves on,but can't think of anything else besides Halo other than a couple of other games).Nintendo probably will stick to making games for kids and leaving the adults left out,which is a downfall in my opinion.I do agree with Strazza the PS3 controller looks like garbage,would like to be able to switch to the old controller used for PS2.I was watching E3 not that long ago,and you should have seen how microsoft presented the Xbox360.If you seen how they presented the Xbox360 you would be shocked how bad they make it out to be.Just my thoughts against all the consoles so far.If I had to choose between the consoles my order would be like this:

1.PS3(Top Priority)
    2.Xbox360(I like the hard drive that is already with the system that the other systems lack,gives you more stability to do more things with it)
    3.Nintendo Revolution(nothing really mentioned on this system to be honest,but Nintendo seems to be the slowest out of all the systems dissapointed to be honest)

11. Zinn

Zinn Guest

Ok, it's still 360, fable was the most interactive game i ever played in my life. plus sony lie, they said that the playstation was the first 3-d console, when sega saturn had 3-d games on it. here's the deal,

Xbox 360 comes with HDTV, There's 40 titles coming out this year and 160 titles in development. And MS makes plenty of original games and have a lot of games such as half life 2, Gears of war, halo 3, splinter cell, pgr, ultimate spidey, nba 2k6, batman begins, hitman 3, fable 2, 2 star wars games, dead or alive 4, conquer live and reloaded, blitzm nhl 2k6, mascar 06, burnout, a new crash bandicootplus more than twice those many all this year. you can expect over 200 xbox tutles this year.
    And the ps3's graphics look just as good as the original xbox's.
    and in 2006 there will 2x as many games on xbl.and it has video chat. what more do u need

12. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

^^^^ everything he said was true
    i'll probably get a 360 too sometime next year

13. Zinn

Zinn Guest

See, sony is lying, the only thing new is the gaphics. Microsoft has been working on everything, all the games you seen on E3 are just rough copies, think of what the real games will look like. anyone who still wants a ps3, reply

14. Zinn

Zinn Guest

Here's the Xbox facts

The controller, the camera, the headset, the camera, and even the console itself...there have been a lot of Xbox 360 leaks so far.

Now, it seems a full list of Xbox 360 specs and Xbox Live details has been leaked. This list comes from a thread on the Team Xbox forums (the thread has since been deleted), and the TXB poster originally got it from another un-named forum.

2 types of Xbox Live:
    Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)
    Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service
    (S) Also for Silver
    (O) Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360
    - Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) (S)
    - Free Xbox Live weekends (S)
    - Multiplayer online gameplay
    - Motto for gamer profile (S)(O)
    - Personalized look for Xbox System Guide (S)(O)
    - Offline achievments (S)(O)
    - Online achievements (S)
    - Access to other players' Gamer cards via Live (S)
    - Cumulative gamer score (S)(O)
    - Location/language profile (S)(O)
    - Reputation (S)
    - Enahnced matchmaking using above
    - Skill level matchmaking
    - Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)
    - Recent players list (S)
    - Free and premium download game content(S)
    - Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv (S)
    - Downloadable demos/trailers (S)
    - Microtransactions (S)
    - Custom playlist in every game (S)(O)
    - Play music from portable devices (S)(O)
    - View images from digital camera (S)(O)
    - Strem media from Windows XP (S)(O)
    - Interactive screen savers (S)(O)
    - Track info for CDs (S) (O)
    - Communication with voice, video or text (S)

The Hardware:
    1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
    2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
    3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
    4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
    5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
    6. Detachable 20GB drive
    7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
    - 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
    - 2 hardware threads per core
    - 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
    - 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
    - 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
    - 500 MNz
    - 10 MB embedded DRAM
    - 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
    - unified shader architecture

Memory
    -512 MB GDDR3 RAM
    - 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
    - 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
    - 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
    - 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
    - Mulitchannel surround sond output
    - Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
    - 320 independent decompression channels
    - 32 bit processing
    - 256+ audio channels

To sum up the important stuff regarding XBL:

There will be two versions of Xbox Live. Silver is free (everyone gets it), and Gold is a paid subscription, like the current XBL. It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously. Current Xbox Live accounts will carry over to the 360 and become Gold Xbox Live accounts. Both Gold and Silver members will be able to download demos, trailers, and other content through XBL.

This info seems pretty legit, and some insiders have confirmed that this is indeed a real leak.

15. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Man please get that shit outta here the ps3 graphics look better than the 360 my opinion if the guy from PS said that the KILLZONE was real game play then it killed the 360. i don't know if there lying.i don't work for them so i would't know and i know you dont so you can't say anything untill the ps3 come out. and i don't think we care about xbox facts and all that unnecessary stuff you wrote it's all about the games and they might have the same games on PC for xbox so whats the use..O my fault the free online service

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Zinn sorry bro your not defending Xbox360 very good bro.They have originals I said they do,but they release one of them every year.To be honest Halo,Half Life,and Fable are the only games I can think of that are only for Xbox.The other games you mentioned will be for PS3 also.I agree with 2kwic also,killzone made the Xbox360 look like garbage.The PS3 can support Blu-Ray also,which will come out later in movies also.I don't think the graphics for either one of the consoles to be honest is going to be what they say it will be.I think they both will be slightly better than the PS2 and Xbox,but probably nothing like they mention.The 35 times and all this nonesense that people are hearing is overated,but I think the PS3 will have better graphics than the Xbox360.

17. akoli

akoli Member

Personally I'll get a XBox 360 (lookin at about £165 in Uk ) then maybe a PS3 depending on the reliability (I've had two PS2's both have dodgy lasers that dont want to read discs) I prefer the look of the PS3 though - the big green button of the Xbox looks nasty - hopefully you can change the led colour as easily as u can with the current xbox (XBOX media centre). I also like the changeable fascias of xbox . but thats my opinion. But at the end of the day my pc would kick all their asses....... sorry just stirring !!!

18. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

Zinn I got to hand it to you. You just wont give up. Im a die hard xbox man but after seeing some of what ps3 can do Im starting to have second thoughts plus the game play for killzone 2 is off the hook which makes me wonder if halo 3 will be that good. And ubisoft said that the splinter cell games look much more refined on the xbox than other consoles. But at this point is to close to call.

Peace out!

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  19. manufan

manufan Regular member

Look man we all know the xbox360 is gonna kick ass this talk about ps3 being twice as powerful as the xbox360 may be right but the xbox360 will have the best games no doubt. The new xbox will have tons more features and things to do compared to the ps3 and the internet gaming facilities are miles better.

20. solargame

solargame Regular member

@ zinn
    1.half of the ORIGINAL games you listed for 360 are also on the ps2 or coming for ps3.
    2. the biggest reason i hate xbox is you pay for online when its free only down the road.
    3.who cares if they lie once, its still the beter system by far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.