1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Super Mario Galaxy - Post ALL Questions/Problems Here

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Syko360, Oct 25, 2007.

1. lancea34

lancea34 Member

You just semi-bricked your wii. Just do the 3.2 update from the internet and everything should be fine.

2. pyroflame

pyroflame Member

I have wii updated to 3.2U, and my wiikey is at 1.9G...also my wii is NTSC

i have donwloaded and burned 2 different torrents of SMG, and neither work on my wii. My other backups work, but this one still doesnt for some reason. Can anyone please help me on why this is not working and how i can get the game to work. thanks!!

3. Gossuke

Gossuke Member

I've just updated my wiikey firmware to 1.9s and updated wii system to 3.2e (latest march 20 update) and SMG has stopped working.. originally i had 3.2E (older version) and 1.9g beta

anyone having the same problem? the SMG screen shows on Disc Channel but as soon as I press start it gives me a game operations manual error

P.S - my wii is PAL

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  4. juniR

juniR Guest

1.9s on 3.2E with default config settings (i.e. region override on etc) All working fine here inc. SMG PAL. Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x using imgburn.

5. pyroflame

pyroflame Member

Hi,
    can someone really please help me with this. i have posted a response or two, but still havent gotten any help/response.

I have a NTSC wii (v 3.2u) and a wiikey (1.9g) and i am trying to run a Mario galaxy backup (NTSC). All my other backups work, except this one. I put in the disc, and it says :cannot read disk. WHY? WHY? WHY?....i've tried different burn speeds and everything, and yet it doesnt work. When i put it in, nothing appears where the disc channel is too.

Thanks in advance for ur responses!!

6. pyroflame

pyroflame Member

can someone please!!!! help me...ive already gone through a pack of dvds just to make sure that the updates were burned right and the games as well

7. mattys

mattys Member

Hey guys,

I found a workaround for Gossukes issue as my wii was saying the same game operations manual issue.

I have a Jap wii with latest update 3.2J and Wiikey 1.9g. Put in the cd SMG icon appears and then load the game..then the error messages shows, what I did to work around this was to take out the cd. It will then ask you to put in a SMG cd. Put in one that hasn't been patched...and boom. It should work. Worked for me :) Let me know how you go.

8. juniR

juniR Guest

pyroflame - the NTSC SMG u are using isn't patched at all? It's nor PAL to NTSC patched. It's not stripped with brick blocker or anything. It's a straight copy? If it's patched then that may be the cause of your problem... just a shot tbh.

I ask because of the guys posting after you saying he swaps disks.

@ mattys - why don't you put in the one that hasn't been patched in the first place? Why disk swap?

9. pyroflame

pyroflame Member

@ juniR

nope, it a straight up iso of the game...so i still cant understand why its not working...

btw...just to make sure ive been doing this right from the begining, i update the chip to 1.9g and then put in SMG right? cuase thats what i have been doing. Or am i suppose to have 1.9B update the wii from the game and then update the wiikey to 1.9G. (just askin cause i think thats the only thing left that i havent tried)

10. pyroflame

pyroflame Member

hey can someone please post a full step by step guide to update the wii to 1.9g and getting mario galaxy to work on it. For some reason there must be a simple step that i am missing and it is causing the problem of me not getting it to work. and could u be a detailed as possible, lol, like: insert 1.9g disk, click disc channel, click start, let setup run...lol somethin like that.

This would mean a HUGE deal to me...thanks alot

11. Megaoprah

Megaoprah Member

Hi!
    I'm sorry that I am not here to answer your questions.

I know that it's random, but I am wondering what anyone reading this would like to see on the next super smash bros. game.

If you want to reply (or just want to yell at me for wasting your valuable time) go to the thread "Super Smash Bros. Brawl is upon us. What should be in the next game?".

I just like hearing what people have to say.

If you have trouble finding it, google "smash bros. brawl upon." It should be on the 1st page somewhere.

12. Megaoprah

Megaoprah Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Megaoprah
    Let's not go advertising your thread in other threads. Off topics comments don't help when the purpose is to keep them on topic and helpful.

edit: Here's how to edit - click on the icon that looks like a pencil & paper to the right of your post:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  14. mattys

mattys Member

That version doesn't work. No SMG Icon shows up. On the patched one it did show up but then the operations manual error came up and putting in the unpatched cd once it loaded made it work??

Anyways I realised I was using the wrong version for a Jap Wii.. I have redownloaded the correct iso patched it and SMG works fine. Have also updated to 1.9s and SMG still works fine.

15. Megaoprah

Megaoprah Member

Hi!

Sorry about last time; however, I do have a comment now.

If the version you have doesn't work, ask the people at the store where you got it if you could possibly get a different version. It's always good to keep receipts!

By the way, (sorry it's off topic) I haven't seen anyone else who is a moderator. How did you get that position?

Editing is fun:)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

a member is selected by other mods then asked by drd if you want to be a moderator. that usually happens to addict status member but could happen to a senior. also has to do with attitude & maturity.

17. Megaoprah

Megaoprah Member

Also, whoever is having trouble using a game disc could dampen a cotton ball and wipe it on the back side of the disc.
    It worked for me.

18. ripper72

ripper72 Member

I was wondering if anyone has a ppf for SMG. I keep getting error 001. I have a NTSC wiikey 3.2u with 1.9s. Regionfree turned on. I also get this error on MLB 2k8.

19. juniR

juniR Guest

SMG NTSU needs no PPF and the game carries a necessary update anyway. It was released before the PAL so I doubt anyone would be bothered about patching a PAL version cos there's very little need if they been playing the game already. If they didn't have the game then it would make no sense to grab PAL when NTSC is already available.

If the game is available for your region get that version or you might just keep struggling while others enjoy playing ;)

.001 isn't necessarily fixed by ppf either.
    Read my post about it here.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/120/618029#3934007

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  20. Tom262

Tom262 Member

I've got d2pro chip on an NTSC wii. Before burning Galaxy NTSC version, do I need to run anything on it? and do I burn it normaly?