1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Super Mario Galaxy - Post ALL Questions/Problems Here

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Syko360, Oct 25, 2007.

1. juniR

juniR Guest

What do you call "normal?"

If you mean on Verbatim DVD-R using imgburn @ 4x then yes. Other media can work as well of course but not all.

That's it - burn, run and take the update if it's offered. If you see nothing in the game channel window then click on it cos ppl often think it hasn't worked and don't even try that.

2. Tom262

Tom262 Member

Quick Note -
    I burned the game on Office Depot DVDs. I have no idea if they actually manufacture them or just put their label on them, but they are much cheaper than Verbatim, I had some at home so I give it a try and it works like a charm.

3. chunling

chunling Member

I have WII NTSC with 1.9g beta and 3.2U, when i insert and mario galaxy (US VErsion) in, the screen becomes black, but i can see the first page of the game... once i click start, it turns to black.. can anyone help plssss

4. juniR

juniR Guest

Burn on verbatim dvd-r @ 4x speed using imgburn.

5. chunling

chunling Member

so you mean i should use verbatim dvd-r to burn it with 4x speed?? what about if i use other brands dvd-r?? and what about the imgburn program???

I can play smash bros and mario kart, i just cannot play mario galaxy... why is that?

6. juniR

juniR Guest

Try other media if you want - but Verbatim is very good for Wii disks. imgburn is the best program for Wii disks.

7. chunling

chunling Member

i tried but i still have black screeen once i click in the page of mario galaxy of the 'start ' button.. pls help!!!

8. juniR

juniR Guest

You tried what? You give no details about your disk and burning.

Have you tried Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x using imgburn?

The only other thing you can try is updating wiikey to 1.9s but it shouldn't really make a difference.

9. chunling

chunling Member

i have already tried update the wiikey to 1.9s. but still it shows the black screen, i have burned out the cd three times. but it still shows the black screen, i guess its not the dvd problem is the problem of my wii :( but i dunno how to solve it :(

10. juniR

juniR Guest

If you haven't then stop posting cos it's stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  11. chunling

chunling Member

i have tried using verbatim today with 4x speed already and it still doenst work!!!!! what should i do :(

12. juniR

juniR Guest

Burn at 8x , if that doesn't work try 2x

If that doesn't work, try everything again using a different burner.

If that doesn't work give up - the game should be running by now.

13. chunling

chunling Member

ok thanks, let me try to burn it out again with 8x or 2x. you have this problem before and it solve?? is that right? :)

14. chunling

chunling Member

ooo yes one more thing, do i need to patch anything using wiibrick blocker before burning it out? or i just burn the .iso file out directly witout patching at all?? thanks

15. juniR

juniR Guest

No I've not had any problem with that game - My version is PAL anyway and my Wii is PAL.

I just know that it's not your wii or wiikey of other games work and the game should need no patching if it's SMG US on NTSC-US Wii.

I know it's something to do with the disk - the one possibility I did miss out in my last post is trying a different copy of the game because it's possible the image is corrupt.

16. mrmixalot

mrmixalot Member

My copy works flawlessley after I updated my wiikey to 1.9s, burned to a Tesco own brancd DVD at 4x

Thanks to all for their assistance

17. JOJIMBO

JOJIMBO Regular member

my friend gave me this mario galaxy iso and I burned it for him but I didn't know anything about patchs or the brickblocker so I didn't use any of these thing.

so is there anything I should use on the iso before burning or after burning.

my friend wii is a pal wii with a wii key and the wii firmware is a 2.3u or 2.4u( can't remember), he updated his wii using the original us version of ssbb.

I don't want to brick his wii so I really need help.

thanks

18. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

check the version of the game iso with wii brick block or wii update manager, if its the same region then its safe. if not, brick block it.

19. gamers007

gamers007 Member

hi guys, i have a rather noob question here, but it has always bothered me, hope you guys can help me out. For Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC-U) to run on a NTSC-J set, i know that i have to remove the 001 error using the Wii Generic Patcher followed by patching the main.dol with the Wii Game Language Patcher option 1EN. Here comes the confusing part, after doing all these, do i still have to convert the region of the ISO itself to NTSC-J in order for it to run on a NTSC-J set? Or can i just leave it as it is?

20. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

usually it doesnt even matter if u did regionfrii it or not becuz the chip is suppose to be regoin free already. however, if u feel like doin it, go for it, it doesnt hurt. i got ntsc-u galaxy to run on ntsc-j wii with only wbb after updating the firmware that was on the ntsc-j mario kart.