1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Super Mario Galaxy - Post ALL Questions/Problems Here

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Syko360, Oct 25, 2007.

1. scoobster

scoobster Member

US/PAL Super Mario Galaxy is Not Compatible With a Japanese Wii as well as several other games from Nintendo. These games when burned the Wii can detect the game at the channel menu, but after you press the “Start” button, the game simply doesn’t load and leaves you with a black screen, cuts off your Wii remote and you have to restart the Wii all over again. HOWEVER there is a solution and I will guide you to doing this. Firstly you will need a few programs to change settings in the “iso” so go get em

1) First program you will need is “Trucha Signer” you can get the torrent here http://www.sumotorrent.com/en/details/10...tream.com].html this torrent also comes with “wiiscrubber” but you dont need that. You need the “key.bin” and make sure the “key.bin” file is in the same folder as Trucha Signer folder or you will get an error message saying “error decrypting data”

2) The second program you will need is “wii game language patcher or wglp.exe” get it here http://wiihack.de/downloads.php?do=file&id=179

3) The third program you will need is “Generic Wii Patcher” and you can get it here http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=D...i_Patcher_v1.11

4) The 4th program is not necessary but I highly recommend it as if you don’t use this program there is a possibility of Bricking your Wii...anyway the program is “Wii Brick Blocker” get it here http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=home&ln=en

5) Get ImgBurn to burn the ISO www.imgburn.com

Ok Here we go step by step..Let’s say you just downloaded “SuperMarioGalaxy-USA-Wii” doesnt matter if its Pal you just want it to work on your Japanese Wii.

-Open up “Trucha Signer” Click Select KeySet and click on Custom Keyset1.

-Now click on Image and Open ISO locate your ISO and open. Now in the white bellow, expand disc till you see 2 Partitions, expand the second one, then expand SYSFILES then right click on “main.dol” and extract this file to the “ wii game language patcher “ folder.

-Now in the folder Drag&drop the main.dol to wglp.exe . In the wglp Select a language (For example, if you patch an NTSC-U or Pal game, please select [1] en) and hit any key to finish.

-Now open up “Generic Wii Patcher” Before you can use any option you need to load a (main).dol file by clicking on open. Now under the” Error 001”Just hit "Search" and let the program (hopefully) find the drive check. After that just hit "Remove 001".

-Now under the “Console language detection” Again just hit search and wait for the search result. Just select the game's language from the dropdown list which in this case is English and and press "Patch to new language". Now your finished click “save”

- Go back again in Trucha Signer that was never closed and right click on the main.dol and replace it with the one in the wii game language patcher folder. Now right click on the second PARTITION and click Trucha Sign it!

-Now if you want you can open up Wii Brick Blocker locate the image and patch it to remove any updates that might cause the game to Brick your wii.

-After that you will want to burn the ISO with “ImgBurn” open it select Write image file to disc, find the iso and burn it and a low speed, I recommend 2.4x

After that you are done with a working copy of the game that was giving you a black screen before.

This will work on all console wii’s that have the problem with the black screen when loading SOLUTION

2. sidglide

sidglide Member

Hi,

I have a Jap NTSC/J wii console running firmware 3.2Jwith wiikey patched to 1.9g
    I made a copy of super mario galaxy USA wii using the following method.

used trucha signer to extract main.dol from the second partition.
    used wglp_v2 to patch the language on the iso.
    wii generic patcher to remove the 001 error from the main.dol.
    used wii brick blocker to remove the update.
    replaced the main.dol on the iso with trucha signer and signed the partition using trucha.
    i put the game in the console shows preview and the when i press play system hangs wiimote switches off.

desperatley require help to play this game.
    i have burned the untouched iso it tries to update i switch off the wii at around 10-15 percent.
    try running the patched dvd again same problem black screen

please help!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks in advance

3. s.s.j

s.s.j Regular member

Basically I managed to get a "backup" of the game thats pal, and my wiikey is running on the lastest version 1.9s I think just updated it last week, and I burned the image at 6x onto a verbatim dvd-r disc, the game automatically loads up with out the need to update, I think this is because I have the update from mario kart installed and that a newer game, the game loads up however after I click on the start game it loads up a blank screen

4. quicko

quicko Member

I have a pal backup of this game.

I have an updated pal wii and updated wiikey.

Should this work without anything fancy? I am burning it now so I'll see I guess.

5. neon3008

neon3008 Member

hi i am having the same problem with mario kart but my wii is uk not jap, will this work for me?

6. justonia1

justonia1 Member

I am using Gecko OS and Super Mario Galaxy WILL load up and I can create a new save file then start the game. The first part of the game is when you are going to see Peach to get the gift, but when I walk up the hill and get to the bottom, there there is a big circle with a bunch of Toads are standing around, I am not sure if a movie is suppose to start but my screen will go black and nothing will happen, has anyone else experienced this??

7. Quintano

Quintano Member

I've got d2pro chip on an PAL wii (australia) game is Pal aswell. Before burning Galaxy PAL, do I need to run anything on it? or can i just put the iso straight into img burn and burn it to disc..

8. trajiin

trajiin Member

i'm having similar problems only i've got a softmodded wii 4.0 (no chip) and i get to the first cut scene then it locks up any ideas folks?

9. trajiin

trajiin Member

oh and i'm using pal version with a pal wii

10. krayzies

krayzies Member

Hi there everyone im new to the forums, i really need help. Ill keep it short, the bottom line is I have a modded wii and the guy who modded it cant remember which chip is in it. I have a good backup of SMG and it doesnt work. I dont get any error, it shows up in the menu screen and when i click on it, it zooms in and i can choose start, when i choose start , i hear a click in the wii and it resets the wii. This also happens with mario kart as well, yes ive tried slower and faster burns (i have now several copies)only with these 2 games it does this , all the rest of the games work fine. I gave up , today i went and bought brand new SMG orginal(I LOVE THIS GAME) brought it home and WTF it didnt work!!! Whats going on???? please anybody??

11. krayzies

krayzies Member

sorry i should add that the brand new smg did the exact same thing as the backups, it just showed up in the menu and when i clicked on start it resets the wii.

12. seanp2500

seanp2500 Member

krayzie you should just soft mod it then use a backuploader....