OK, I'm desperate and I need help... [Request]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MDashK, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDashK

MDashK Member

First of all, I'm new around here. I've been a guest for some years now, come by from time to time, but only now I've registered.

Hi! :)

---

Second, The Story:

I bought Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II, OutRun2, Jet Set Radio Future and Sonic Heroes... ALL NTSC. Most of the games from the XBOX 1 are region free... So I though that X360 was also region free. When I tried to play the games, it always said that the game is from different region... (No sh*t sherlock...) Anyways, the store didn't let me trade the games, but i was still able to buy Outrun2 PAL from another store... later on, searching the web, i figured out how to build a backup from said games... thing is... I can build the backup, but since the XBE files are from NTSC, they won't run anyways... So, I must get the PAL ISO versions... I checked closely, and found out that all I had to do, was rip my original games, replace the XBE file from NTSC to the PAL version, and re-build the ISO and burn to be able to play in a X360.

I managed to find the PAL XBE of Jet Set Radio Future... The Outrun2, has i said before, was able to get the original PAL version. (Of course now I have an NTSC version that makes no use at all to me)... And the Phantasy star, is not supported by the X360. It's not in the compatible list (i didn't realise that before buying it, so it's pretty useless. I don't even have an XBOX1 to be able to play it).

So, i ripped jet set radio future, and replaced the XBE with the PAL XBE version. Burned 3 clusters already. Turns out that the 1st burn, was a DVD5. The game must be burned to a DVD9 to be able to play in the xbox360 (this depends about the dvd reader. Mine's a Hitachi, therefore, only DVD-DL allowed to play on backups.) The 2nd cluster was when I tried to patch the NTSC XBE, converting the region from NTSC to PAL. It worked, but the XBE has an unique checksum, signature and validation. So, when changed the region value via HEX, all these 3 values became invalid since the file had changed. I didn't knew. Found all this out later. So I burned the ISO and the X360 told me that the game was damaged. SO, later (finally), i replaced the XBE NTSC with the PAL version and burned the game to DVD9. I had to extract the ISO so that I could replace the XBE. But when I re-built the ISO, i rebuilt it to DVD9. Turns out the prog (XDVDMulleter Beta 9) needs some layout file to know where to put the files. It must be that, i think the files where supposed to be in the first layer of the DVD and not in the second, but i think the prog put the files in the second layer, so my X360 didn't even detect the burned DVD has a game. SO.... 3 clusters... Next time, i'll try to, first, make the ISO in DVD5, then convert it to DVD9, and then burn. Also, i'll try to use a layout file...

So... that's it.... I'm missing the XBE PAL from Sonic Heroes to be able to try to burn it and play it... XD (big story, I know... sorry)

------------

Now, The Request:

Does anyone around here has Sonic Heroes (PAL Version) for the XBOX
    Original?
    I need the "default.xbe" file...
    The reason for this is well explained above...

My XBOX 360 is PAL and I have the Sonic Heroes NTSC version... So... It doesn't work.... But.... If I replace the default.xbe NTSC with the PAL version, it will work... besides... I already tried changing the region code manually from NTSC to PAL.... But the console says that the game has an error and doesn't even start the game...

So.... Any help ppl? plz?

Big thanks in advance. :)

Support Developers! Say NO TO PIRACY!

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome. However you'll need to post in the xbox 360 forum, and you'll need to use a meaningful thread title too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.