1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Dad needs car stereo advice

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by Wyattspop, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,
    So I was once young and installed my own Blaupunkt, EQ and bass cannon, but with 10 blown discs those days are gone, I have to pay for the labor, what I need from you young guns is to tell me what to buy please? My Dodge Magnum V8 Hemi has no way to connect my iPod, it's just a friggin radio (lame for a $40K car in '06). It does have one good thing, Boston's all the way around, but the receiver doesn't have the power to push them, so I need a more powerful receiver and one that plays iPods please. I am on a budget, but not cheapie. Please tell me what kind of receiver and if I need an EQ or bass cannon for louder music. Thanks All

2. lindjay

lindjay Member

Wow not replies since July.... Ok head over to Crutchfield . com they help with everything. They can make the required connections to install an aftermarket radio. They include the documents to remove and install new radios, speakers, subs, etc.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think he assumed in error that the forum was loaded with "young guns." Many of us are probably approaching his age and some of us have gone past it. I mean he's been a member of AD for 15 years.

Hey, Wyattspop. I still have an old top of the line Alpine system that should still work and it plays cassette tapes.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021