1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On modded Wii, only Chrono Trigger will not launch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Tamgasil, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Tamgasil

Tamgasil Newbie

I recently updated my Wii System Menu to the latest (4.3U.) and then used hackmii to mod my Wii with Homebrew, then installed Multi-Mod Manager 13.4, d2x cIOS installer, and Priiloader.

Then I installed some WAD files onto my Wii, using a SD card.

Most of those games load and run with no issues... except Chrono Trigger. (Oh, and "1942" has the same problem.)

There isn't even an error message. When I try to run it, all i get is this animated view of a bunch of "wii" screens.
    https://i.imgur.com/DXGLbdq.jpg
    and then I'm kicked back out onto the wii menu.

Any time I try this, the Wii will log that 0:01 seconds of Chrono Trigger was played.

Now, some of my other games can be played from the SD card. But if I try to launch Chrono Trigger from the SD card, I do get an error message: "This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console."

I've searched in many places, and the only info i can find about this are threads from 2009 saying to update the firmware. Well, 4.3U is as high as it goes and I'm already using that.

Any ideas?