online videos

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by stanislau, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stanislau

stanislau Guest

I have a real problem with most online videos I try to play, they go for ten seconds or even less then says buffering goes another short time then buffering again can not solve the problem any advice much appreciated 77, first computer no one to help in this home, Robert log in name stanislau

2. dailun

dailun Active member

This Is typically due to a slow connection that cannot keep up with playback.

Analogy:

Of have a 1" faucet (video output) with a 1/4" water inlet(internet connection). If you turn the faucet on full, you will get a full stream of water for a short period of time, then it will slow to as fast as the 1/4" inlet can supply water. Video will stop and start under these conditions until enough data is received to be displayed by the player.

You decide to put a 1 gallon bucket between the inlet and the faucet, allowing the inlet to fill the 1 gallon bucket prior to turning on the faucet (buffering). The gallon bucket allows for enough water to be stored to keep the stream of water flowing between the inlet and the faucet. The Larger the bucket, the longer you can maintain a full stream (display video).

However, if you keep the fauceet turned on full, eventually the bucket will emply and you will have the same start-stop condition unless you turn the faucet off (video stops) and the bucket is allowed to fill.

Solutions:

1)Allow more of the video to buffer before playing
    2)Get a faster internet connection

If your connection is too slow you may need to capture (buffer) the entire video stream prior to playing it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. stanislau

stanislau Guest

I think you have identified the problem Internet connection too slow how do I get a fast one??I have Maxis broadband here for my laptop with wireless box connection, much appreciated Robert (sign in Stanislau)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a hd dvd discussion issue.